Assistant General Manager
|Company||Toronto Community Housing Corporation|
|Important Note: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply to this opportunity from the careers section on the Toronto Community Housing website: www.torontohousing.ca.|
About Toronto Community Housing Corporation
Toronto Community Housing Corporation (“TCHC”) is the largest social housing provider in Canada and the second largest in North America. We are wholly owned by the City of Toronto and operate in a non-profit manner. TCHC has 2,100 buildings in more than 100 city neighbourhoods. We are an essential part of the City of Toronto's fabric and social system.
TCHC provides homes to nearly 60,000 low and moderate-income households. Our 110,000 tenants come from many different backgrounds with a diversity in age, education, language, mental and physical ability, religion, ethnicity and race. Our nearly 2,000 employees work to achieve our vision of quality homes in vibrant communities where people are proud to live and work.
We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and strive to create a diverse workplace that reflects the cultural mosaic of our great city and the communities we serve. We recognize the value that comes from different viewpoints, unique experiences and diverse perspectives of our employees, who bring fresh, new ideas to our business. Diversity plays a key role in our ability to deliver on our mission to provide clean, safe, well-maintained, affordable homes for tenants.
Make a difference
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for overseeing the property management functions of the service hub and taking on the duties and responsibilities of General Manager in his or her absence.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Assistant General Manager has oversight of the day to day property management functions including demand maintenance and building cleanliness. In turn, the Assistant General Manager empowers the Superintendent/Senior Superintendent to act as the single point of contact for tenant needs including cleanliness, building condition, tenancy management and program support.
This is your opportunity to bring your values around creating better homes, better neighbourhoods and a better Toronto to our organization.
What you’ll do
• Report to the General Manager
• Monitor and manage the delivery of building maintenance and cleaning services
• Ensure compliance with applicable by-laws, standards and legislative requirements
• Work with tenants to respond to their complaints and prevent future occurrence
• Monitor and manage the budget and cost variance to support forecasting and performance on an annual basis
• Identify property management issues and develop solutions to address them
• Guide building maintenance and cleaning staff
• Contribute and participate in the implementation of short and long term strategic business plans, continuous improvement initiatives and service delivery action plans
What you’ll need
• Post-secondary education in Business Administration and/or Property Management and/or Facilities Management
• At least five years of experience as a Manager with a multi-residential property management provider
• Knowledge of the principles and practices related to the delivery of property management services including cleaning, maintenance, tenancy management, community engagement, legal (Landlord and Tenant Board), human resources, community safety, property maintenance, administration and financial management
• Knowledge of Toronto Community Housing programs, policies and core values, as well as program related legislation, standards and guidelines to promote compliance with applicable by-laws, standards and legislative requirements
• Experience working with individuals with vulnerabilities
• Knowledge of financial practices and principles with the ability to manage budgets
• Experience working collaboratively in a team to manage people and the customer experience
Once you apply, we’ll review your resume and contact you if we believe your skills and experience will make you successful in the role. If you are selected to move forward, the process may include an interview, written/practical test, and reference check.
IMPORTANT NOTE: First round interviews are scheduled for November 25 to 29 and second round interviews are scheduled for December 2 to 6, 2019. Candidates who are selected for these interviews must be available during these dates otherwise they will no longer be considered for this opportunity.
In addition to a competitive salary and a rewarding career where you can truly make a difference, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that meets the various needs of our diverse employees, including:
• Three weeks paid vacation and two personal days
• Defined Benefit Pension Plan
• Health and Dental Benefits including Healthcare Spending Account
• Employee Assistance Plan
• Maternity and Parental Leave Top Up
• Fitness Membership discount
• Annual Tuition Reimbursement
Accessibility for Applicants
Toronto Community Housing is committed to equity in employment. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free workplace that reflects the communities we serve.
We will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities at all stages of the hiring process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and Toronto Community Housing’s Accessibility Policy.
If you are a person with a disability and need the job posting in an alternative format or any other accessible accommodations during the hiring process, please email your request to our Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our accessible accommodations line at 416-981-4119. Please refer to the job requisition number when you contact us.
|Salary||$104,123.60 - $130,154.50 (Hiring Range: $104,123.60 - $156,185.40)|
|How To Apply||Interested applicants are encouraged to apply to this opportunity from the careers section on the Toronto Community Housing website: www.torontohousing.ca.|