Highlights of the job
Covid 19 note: In order to ensure the health and safety of our teams, EPCOR requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Candidates who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground may request an accommodation. We ask all candidates to consider this requirement when applying for a role at EPCOR.
We recognize the importance of balancing work and life and because of these values, EPCOR is a place where people choose to work. And if you're just as passionate as we are about making your workplace and community a better place, we believe you should join Team EPCOR!
We have a permanent full-time opportunity for a skilled, enthusiastic and highly motivated individual Â as a Senior Field Technician (Gas Tech 1), to join the team working out of our Kincardine location.
Info about the Kincardine area:
Â Municipality of Kincardine is a great place to live, work, explore and play. Our residents enjoy ourÂ arts and culture, ourÂ recreational opportunitiesÂ and our beautifulÂ beaches, parks and trails.Â Whatever the season, the Municipality of Kincardine has something to offer.Â Discover our thriving lakeside downtown shops and dining options, renownedÂ festivals and events, recreational programming, and an agricultural community rich in product and you'll understand how enticing it is to be a part of this wonderful community. Centrally located on the beautiful, sandy shores of Lake Huron, travel distances to the Municipality of Kincardine average within 2 hours to many city centers, as well as the US border. Discover more at: https://www.kincardine.ca/en/index.aspx
What you'd be responsible for
As the Senior Field Technician (Gas Tech 1), you are accountable to the Lead Hand in South Bruce Â and your key accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing input to the South Bruce natural gas utility plans and directions, and ensuring on-going appropriate relationships with other positions.
- Ensuring the delivery of optimal results against appropriate performance metrics including safety, environment and customer service.
- Installing and exchanging meters, regulators and valves, and completing inspections at customer locations.
- Coordinating with the customer care team and dispatch to ensure work is organized, efficient and timely.
- Performing skilled work in the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of natural gas meters and services, mains and other natural gas distribution infrastructure, which includes customer service related field tasks and 24-hour emergency response.
- Responding to customer calls and emergencies including service interruptions, leaks, carbon monoxide and line strikes, and participating in the after-hours on-call rotation.
- Coordinating with the fire departments, police, TSSA and other first responders and local authorities as required.
- Monitoring conditions within the natural gas distribution system and making system adjustments as required.
- Completing regular inspections, maintenance and repairs of valves, regulators, meters and other infrastructure at stations and other facilities within the system.
- Coordinating tie-in, commissioning and start-up of new mains and services with construction resources.
- Locating gas mains and services for 3rd-parties working near the utility's infrastructure, as requested through Ontario One Call or other means.
- Investigating line strikes and completing damage reports.
- Demonstrating a high performance, high discipline, safe, accountable, focused, innovative and achievement-oriented, easy to do business with manner of working.
What's required to be successful
Qualifications, experience and behaviors you will possess are:
- High school diploma (GED, or equivalent level of secondary education).
- Ontario TSSA Gas Technician Certificate (G1) (or recognized equivalent).
- 5+ years of directly related experience at the G1 level.
- Extensive servicing, troubleshooting and installation experience with gas fired boilers and furnaces, pumping equipment, vaporizers, kitchen equipment, and commercial HVAC equipment.
- Experienced with inspections rooftops and air handlers units.
- Valid Ontario Class G Driver's License (or equivalent), with 6 demerits or less.
- A Commercial Drivers Abstract will be required.
- An EPCOR work van will be provided for your work assignments.
- Expected to reside within a 30 minute commuting radius of the assigned work area.
- Solid understanding of natural gas distribution and/or gas systems.
- Working knowledge of legislation and safety codes related to residential, commercial and industrial natural gas fueled equipment.
- Demonstrable strong mechanical aptitude.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
The candidate's customer service orientation will be supplemented with developed oral and written communication skills, keen attention to detail, and a high degree of accuracy. This position requires organization and the application of knowledge and problem-solving skills in a timely manner to on-the-job issues. The successful candidate will work effectively within a team dynamic as well with minimal supervision.
Other important facts about this job
In order to participate in the on call rotation, the successful candidate must reside within a 30 minute commuting radius of the assigned work area. The successful Senior Field Technician may be eligible for relocation support arising from the business requirements of this position.
- Location: Kincardine / South Bruce, Ontario
- Hours of work: 80 hours bi-weekly. Â
- Wage: starting at $33.32 per hour.Â
- Final wage will be determined at time of selection and is based on a number of factors (such as experience)Â .
At EPCOR, you can find a career that matters in an organization where you matter.Â There are many great reasons why people choose to work at EPCOR - learn why this could be the place for you! Working at EPCORÂ
Follow us on LinkedIn,Â Twitter, GlassdoorÂ or Facebook!
Please note the following information:
- A requirement of working for EPCOR is that you are at least 18 years of age, successfully attained a high school diploma (GED, or equivalent level of secondary education) and legally entitled to work in Canada. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required. Some EPCOR positions require an enhanced level of background assessment, which is dictated by law. These positions require advanced criminal record checks that must also be conducted from time to time after commencement of employment.
- A technical/practical assessment may be administered during the selection process and this exercise will be used as a part of the selection criterion.
- To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required.
For more information, visit EPCOR for Senior Field Technician (Gas Tech 1)