Highlights of the job
We are hiring a Full-Time Permanent Procurement Manager position working out of Edmonton, AB.
EPCOR has an exciting opportunity for a collaborative and people-focused Procurement Manager to join the Corporate Supply Chain Team. As the Manager, Procurement, you are accountable for the performance of the Transactional Center along with the procurement, category management, contract performance, spend management, and strategic sourcing functions. You will support the Corporate Shared Services, Technologies and Commercial Services Business Units. In addition, you will ensure appropriate governance and risk management, develop processes and controls to support relevant policies, ensure that services meeting operational needs, employ best practices and achieve the required outcomes.
What you'd be responsible for
- Providing input to the Corporate Supply Chain plans and directions, ensuring an appropriate understanding of the EPCOR and Corporate Supply Chain strategy.
- Developing and implementing appropriate deliverables for the team and direct reports that include performance and "why by when" metrics.
- Identifying the necessary budget requirements for the provision of Corporate Procurement exceptional service.
- Creating, coaching and managing a strong team of employees.
- Ensuring the delivery of optimal results against appropriate performance metrics.
- Developing, implementing and reviewing Procurement processes to ensure compliance to policies, standards, regulatory requirements and ensure mitigation of risks.
- Utilizing best practice sourcing techniques including advanced spend analytics, market dynamics and trend analysis along with business partner engagement and varying negotiation tactics to deliver a sourcing strategy that maximizes value for EPCOR.
- Applying specialized knowledge and experience to identify and mitigate risk and exposure to EPCOR in the negotiation of strategic, complex and/or high value contracts.Â Liaising directly with Risk & Assurance, Legal and Senior Management as required.
- Acting as a subject matter expert while developing and implementing best in class Procurement operating disciplines and metrics.
What's required to be successful
- Bachelor degree or two-year diploma in Supply Chain Management, Business, Finance,Â Accounting and/or equivalent demonstrated work experience is required
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in commodity/services based procurement and contract negotiations experience with proven value add results is required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a leadership/supervisory capacity with proven demonstrable performance management expertise
- Supply Chain Management designation or field relevant to the specific discipline supplemented with equivalent experience would be considered an asset (e.g. SCMP, CPPB, CPPO, CPM, CSCP, SPSM)
- Supply Chain leadership experience, including exposure to procurement, contract management, vendor management, category management, people management is required
- An understanding of supply chain best practices, controls and risk management is required
- Experience in a unionized environment is considered an asset
- Knowledge or experience in the following is desirable:
- Utility sector and regulated business environment
- Industry strategic sourcing practices
- Contract document structure including legal language, risk identification and mitigation
- Public trade agreements
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint);Â Advanced Excel skills required for data analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency with SharePoint including site administration
- Experience with Oracle Purchasing and Business Intelligence experience desirable
- High-level understanding of legal issues associated with contracts and the contracting process
- Experienced in supplier negotiations to establish appropriate contracts and relationships
- Superior verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization demonstrated
- Demonstrated ability to apply analytical skills to identify and recommend solutions and solve problems
- Experience in supplier contract negotiations and conflict management
Other important facts about this job
Hours of work: 80 hours biweekly
Application deadline: September 21, 2021
This position may be eligible for a $1,500 employee referral reward! Ensure you enter Employee Referral as the referral source when you are applying.
Learn more about Working at EPCOR!
Please note the following information:
- A requirement of working for EPCOR is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required. Some EPCOR positions require an enhanced level of background assessment, which is dictated by law. These positions require advanced criminal record checks that must also be conducted from time to time after commencement of employment.
- A technical/practical assessment may be administered during the selection process and this exercise will be used as a part of the selection criterion.
- To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required.
For more information, visit EPCOR for Manager, Procurement