Vice-President, Finance And Administration
|Company||Red River College|
|Vice-President, Finance and Administration (VPFA)|
Position Location: Notre Dame Campus (Winnipeg, MB)
Full-Time Position Available
Red River College is a leader in applied learning and innovation. Our talented team of employees is passionate about education, innovation and student success. We offer competitive salaries, extensive benefits, and the opportunity for personal and professional growth in a rewarding career.
Duties: This Executive position is accountable for the overall leadership, strategic direction, vision and operational management of the Finance and Administration division.
The Vice-President, Finance and Administration (VPFA) is the Chief Financial Officer of the College and the Treasurer for the Board of Governors, and therefore has significant accountability for the financial sustainability of the College and the integrity of its financial processing and planning systems.
The position will ensure effective stewardship of physical and technology infrastructure for multiple College campus locations. The VPFA works collaboratively with the Vice-President Academic and the Senior Leadership team to fulfill the College’s mission, ensure financial sustainability and promote an environment of continuous improvement.
The Finance and Administration Division serves the entire College – leadership, faculty, staff and students. The VFPA provides senior leadership to Finance and Campus Services, Major Capital Planning, Information Technology Services and Campus Planning and Sustainability.
• Provide vision and leadership for the Finance and Administration Division.
• Lead significant modernization projects to address the changing education needs in the province,
with a focus on realignment and process improvement.
• Work collaboratively to develop and deliver results on both short- and long-term goals for the division
that reflect the College’s strategic plan."
- Professional Accounting designation and an undergraduate degree in Commerce or Business Administration. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Extensive experience in progressively responsible positions, with a leadership style that combines a capacity for strategic vision, financial planning and revenue generation.
- Experience providing senior leadership to at least one of the following areas: Information Technology, Major Capital Planning, Campus Planning and Sustainability.
- Experience leading large-scale change initiatives.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills applied in complex, ambiguous or high-risk situations.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to write sensitive materials for a senior level audience.
- Proficient in using current technologies that support financial and information management systems.
- Models teamwork and collaboration by coaching and mentoring others.
- Demonstrated political acumen through experience providing strategic advice to senior leaders and stakeholders on complex topics and sensitive issues.
- Exemplifies the values and ethics of Red River College.
- Experience building a respectful workplace culture that promotes diversity, learning and continuous improvement.
- Senior administration experience in a college setting or an organization of comparable complexity.
- Formal training in recognized change management principles.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Valid Manitoba Driver's License
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
|How To Apply||Applicants are to clearly demonstrate how they satisfy the selection criteria in their written submissions and must identify the competition number they are applying for in the subject line of the email|
Apply to Red River College by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
An eligibility list may be created for similar casual, part-time, full-time, and term positions
We seek diversity in our workplace. Aboriginal persons, women, visible minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Competition #: 2020-057
Closing Date: June 19, 2020
Salary: $164,846 - $214,323 per annum
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Red River College provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If an applicant requires accommodation during the application or selection process, Human Resource Services will work with the applicant to meet the accommodation needs.
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.rrc.ca/hr
2055 Notre Dame Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3H0J9