Manager, Economic Geology And Geochemistry
|Company||Ministry Of Energy, Mines And Low Carbon Innovation|
|Job Category||Resource Sector|
|Ministry of Energy, Mines and Low Carbon Innovation|
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work up to three (3) days at home per week as per the Telework Agreement.
Manager, Economic Geology and Geochemistry
$89,373.85 - $113,406.01 annually plus 3% Recruitment & Retention Adjustment
The Ministry of Energy, Mines and Low Carbon Innovation is responsible for British Columbia's electricity, alternative energy, oil, natural gas and related infrastructure and the province's mining and mineral exploration sectors.
The Manager, Economic Geology and Geochemistry leads a team of geoscientists undertaking studies of economic geology and critical minerals in British Columbia. The position requires management, supervision and mentoring of colleagues and active collaboration with external geoscientists, universities, government agencies, companies and prospectors. Contribution to the broader geoscience community is an expectation of this position and their team through the publication of BCGS and external papers, review of journal manuscripts, participation in professional organizations and delivering scientific lectures.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Minimum of a Masters' degree in Geology or related subject from a university of recognized standing.
- Registered or immediately eligible* for registration (within 6 months of employment) as a fully qualified Professional Geoscientist with the Engineers and Geoscientists of BC;
o *Note: Immediately eligible is defined as being registered as a Professional Geoscientist in another Canadian jurisdiction, and able to transfer that membership to the EGBC within 6 months of employment. It is the responsibility of the applicant to have their qualifications reviewed by the appropriate body to ensure they have the necessary requirements for registration.
- Minimum of fifteen years relevant professional experience in economic geology, geological mapping, mineral exploration, or mining geology; including at least 3 years of experience in BC or Yukon.
- Demonstrated expertise with minerals systems and deposits relevant to BC.
- Demonstrated experience of project and staff management, including supervision of colleagues and financial management.
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now" For more information, a complete list of qualifications and to apply online by May 28, 2023|