|Company||Urban Systems Ltd.|
|Job Category||Information Technology|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|About the Opportunity|
Are you an experienced Application Developer who enjoys problem solving and finding ways to apply your technical experience to create impactful solutions? Do you believe collaboration and diverse perspectives create better outcomes? Then we want to hear from you.
We are looking to hire a service-minded Application Developer. The focus of this role will be to develop and maintain applications. This person will need to be able to translate business needs into strategies and solutions that create positive impacts across multiple bottom lines, work with minimal direction, provide updates to clients/colleagues on work in progress, and work within reasonable project timelines. The work requires that ideas and feedback are provided to team members as design and development progresses. This exciting opportunity will challenge the successful candidate to use technical capabilities to solve complex problems while improving the end-user experience. The ideal person will thrive on managing multiple projects with demanding deadlines while working in a collaborative team environment.
|Essential Skills||As well, a successful candidate would have experience in the following:|
• Business Application analysis, design and development
• SQL Server Reporting Services design, development and maintenance
• Experience working with ERP systems
• Microsoft Sharepoint design and development
• Experience with Office 365 applications including Power Apps
• Project Management
• Familiarity with other modern languages, tools and platforms including: T-SQL, .NET, C#, VBA, REST/JSON, and Visual Studio
• Familiarity with various content management platforms (WordPress)
• Familiarity with AWS and web server infrastructure
In addition to the above, we are also looking for the following skills, strengths and interests:
• Collaborative – you seek to understand first, proactively engage others and seek out other perspectives, and genuinely enjoy working cooperatively and effectively to reach a common goal
• Adaptable – change can be hard, but you are able to quickly shift and respond positively to changing conditions, priorities and technologies
• Service mentality – curious and driven to understand what matters and motivated to provide excellent service
• Good communicator – you convene conversations when necessary, aren’t afraid to ask questions or seek clarity, and actively listen
• Self-directed – you are comfortable taking initiative to get things done and seek out opportunities
• Commitment to continuous improvement – you stay informed about current and evolving practices in your area of expertise, and you look for opportunities to make improvements both personally and in your work
|Experience||Our ideal candidate will be a graduate of a Computer Technology diploma or degree program with three to five years of related experience.|
|Work Settings||About Us|
Urban Systems is an employee-owned inter-disciplinary community consulting firm with deep Canadian roots. We are united in our drive to transform communities everywhere into vibrant places where people want to live today, tomorrow, and forever.
At Urban Systems, vibrant communities are everything—including our own work community. Since 1975, we have grown to more than 500 people with 15 offices across Canada. Every day, our purpose-driven team works closely with our clients and their communities to deliver impactful work. We are proud to work with diverse clients including Indigenous communities, all levels of government, commercial and residential land developers, and the natural resource sector.
Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, we care for our communities and for our people. It’s our differences that make us exciting, and our shared belief in Urban Systems that binds us together. We’re searching for the creative and passionate and the curious and courageous to join us in creating meaningful and generational change in communities.
Our Commitment to You
At Urban Systems we make significant investments in our people, which is why we take great care to hire those who we believe will thrive in Urban Systems over the long term. We’ve become recognized as a workplace of choice by nurturing a unique corporate culture that sets us apart and provides:
• Challenging and interesting project opportunities
• A fun workplace, where hard work accomplishes great things
• The opportunity to work with industry leading professionals in a collaborative environment
• Ongoing career development and learning
• The stability of an employee-owned, “living” company
• Meaningful rewards and recognition
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now" |
If this describes your background, your skills, and your natural talents, please visit our website for more information and submit your resume and cover letter.
Urban Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive culture for all employees. Our clients come from all walks of life and so do you. We believe that diversity and unity among our teams leads to building vibrant communities.
Submit your application by: October 5, 2021, at 9:00 am PST