Manager, Real Estate Investments
|ABOUT US |
We're one of Canada's largest pension investment managers, with CAD$230.5 billion of net assets as at March 31, 2022.
We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force. Headquartered in Ottawa, PSP Investments has its principal business office in Montreal and offices in New York, London and Hong Kong.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world's top companies. At PSP, you'll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
At PSP, we encourage our employees to grow, forge powerful relationships, contribute and fuel inspired investment launchpads. We are committed to a culture that fosters collaboration and allows us to think beyond, in an interconnected way. We advocate for our employees to speak-up, learn, experiment, share, and be part of an inclusive work environment where diversity is embraced.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As a Manager, Real Estate Investments you will:
Take an active role in executing real estate acquisitions and disposals, including leading project management, overseeing financial analysis, managing due diligence workstreams and drafting investment documents. In addition, you will be responsible for coordinating with external consultants and partners, and internal departments and stakeholders.
Have dedicated asset management responsibilities, which may involve attending board meetings, working with partners on strategic initiatives and managing internal processes as required.
Spend time analysing real estate market trends and evaluating new investment opportunities.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Relevant experience in a real estate-related investment business
- Deep transactional and/or asset management experience
- Extensive knowledge of financial analysis, combined with strong attention to detail
- Effective communications skills, both written and spoken (English). French language proficiency is an asset
- Ability to navigate a fast-pace environment with a high level of autonomy
- Highly collaborative team player
- Desire to learn and work in a growing organization
- Eagerness to learn, ideate and innovate
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 5 to 8 years of relevant experience in commercial real estate (or real asset), within investment management and/or investment banking, transaction advisory
- University degree (Finance related) with a record of excellent academic achievement
- CFA, CA or Master Degree/MBA are nice to have
- Superior knowledge of software and analysis tools for the field, such as Excel, ARGUS and PowerPoint
- Some travel required
We offer a tailored employee experience and competitive total rewards and benefits package* designed to attract and retain global diverse talent, reward performance, and reinforce business strategies and priorities. Beyond salary and incentive pay eligibility, you have access to:
- A flexible hybrid work model with a mix of in-office and remote days based on business groups, teams, and roles
- A hybrid allowance to support any hybrid related needs
- Competitive pension plans
- Comprehensive group insurance plans
- Unlimited access to virtual healthcare services and wellness programs
- Generous and inclusive paid family leave
- Vacation days available on day one with additional days on milestone service anniversaries, and summer Friday afternoons off
- Investment in career development
*Benefits package may vary based on your employee type.
At PSP, we aim to provide an inclusive workplace where we leverage diversity and where everyone feels valued, safe, respected and empowered to grow. As part of this leadership commitment, we strongly encourage applications from all qualified applicants and strive to offer an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please let us know.
Visit us on www.investpsp.com/en/
Vaccination: We are committed to a healthy and safe work environment. As a Canadian Crown Corporation with offices around the world, we adhere to Canadian and local government guidelines regarding COVID-19. Vaccination is not currently a mandatory employment criteria. However, this is subject to change, depending on Canadian and local government guidelines.
|Languages||Effective Communications Skills, Both Written And Spoken (English). French Language Proficiency Is An Asset|
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now"|