Water Practice Design Technologist
|Company||Urban Systems Ltd.|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|About the Opportunity|
Our Kamloops office is looking to add an eager technologist to our local Water and Wastewater team to help support our local and company-wide practices. Are you keen to benefit from the support of industry professionals while working on exciting projects that make a visible difference in many communities? Coupled with the unmatched learning and growth opportunities, you will also be encouraged to:
- Improve upon your skills, apply theory, and provide drawings for infrastructure design and planning for municipal water and wastewater treatment, pumping and lift station projects and sanitary collection and water distribution projects, among others
- Support project teams with process and civil drawings, quantity calculations, project coordination and assisting with design reviews and changes during construction
- Provide quality control and verify the accuracy of design elements
- Communicate with project leaders, clients, contractors, consultants, co-workers and the general public
- Be engaged and pivot between different process or civil-focused projects
- Advise the team on technical problems and explore creative and sustainable solutions together with our clients to build vibrant communities
This opportunity is well suited for those excited to work on both water design and civil projects and who possess an educational background in one of the following programs; Civil or Mechanical Engineering Technology, Engineering Design and Drafting Technology, and Architectural and Engineering Technology. All levels of experience are encouraged to apply and will be considered.
The following skills, strengths and interests would be an asset for this position:
- You have an interest in working on process systems, fluid dynamics and general civil projects
- You identify as a self-starter that can work independently and collaborate with others
- You are curious and are not afraid to ask questions and can communicate effectively
- You have a keen eye for detail and take great pride in your work, in projects both large and small
- You have a commitment to learning through project work, and a desire for the achievements of personal and professional goals
- You have a basic understanding of 3D modelling software or a willingness to learn
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now" |
If this describes your background, skills and attributes, please visit our website for more information and submit your resume and cover letter. If it doesn't describe you exactly, but you feel you are well suited to this opportunity, we encourage you to apply.
Urban Systems is an equal-opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive culture for all employees. Our clients come from all walks of life, and so do you. We believe that diversity and unity amongst our teams leads to building vibrant communities.
Deadline for applications: Monday, February 6, 2023, at 9:00 am PST