Professor - Personal Support Worker & Health Care Programs - AC-F-20-03
|Job Details||View attachment|
|• Bring excitement, enthusiasm and commitment to the Personal Support Worker and other Healthcare programs; |
• Develop and deliver courses, labs and/or workshops in the classroom or through distance delivery;
• Engaging students in the classroom, distance learning and workshops, ensuring learner awareness of curriculum, their academic progression and evaluation of learning;
• Actively contribute to student success;
• Utilize alternate delivery methods such as video conferencing, online learning and other distributed learning formats;
• Provide a learning environment that makes effective use of available resources based on the cooperative learning theory while incorporating a variety of teaching and learning strategies to meet various learning styles;
• Apply a variety of teaching and learning strategies to meet various learning needs of students particularly adult learners;
• Evaluate student progress and achievement using a variety of evaluative tools Participate in learning resources selection;
• Participate in and contributing to special events, consultative committees and program and course curriculum design and revisions;
• Actively participate as a team member in departmental functions, initiatives and committee work;
• Complete required documentation and record keeping as per Ministry standards; and,
• Contribute to the regular and ongoing development of the Personal Support Worker program.
|Start Date||August 2020|
|Salary||As Per Collective Agreement|
|Education Requirements||Candidates must possess the following:|
• A Master’s degree in a health-related field or a Master’s degree in Education; and an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in the health care industry;
Additional experience in some of the following areas would be an asset:
• Alternative delivery strategies, student success strategies, academic advising, adult learning theories, and educational applications of computer technologies.
|Experience||Candidates must possess the following:|
• Active and progressively responsible nursing experience in general nursing and specialty areas including Medical, Surgical and Health Assessment with experience in Gerontology, and Adult Health and Community Health being considered a strong asset;
• Registered as an RN with membership in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario; and Previous experience teaching at an academic level.
• Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a leadership role including experience related to program delivery and the development of curriculum.
|Work Settings||Post secondary institution|
|Additional Skills||The preferred candidate will have:|
• The ability to maintain and develop community, industry and government contacts;
• A commitment to education equity to teach diverse student populations and work with colleagues or clients from various backgrounds;
• Previous teaching or training experience at the college, university or corporate level;
• Proven ability to excel in a team environment and a demonstrated commitment to life-long learning;
• Previous curriculum and program development experience is desirable, including innovative classroom presentation techniques; and
• Experience and knowledge of community and long-term care settings.
|How To Apply||Click Apply Now!|