Senior I&IT Project Manager
|Company||Treasury Board Secretariat|
|Job Category||Information Technology|
|Do you have the desire to lead challenging and complex digital and agile projects that make an impact on the everyday lives of the people in Ontario? If so, then consider this exciting opportunity with the Ontario Public Service.|
As a Senior Project Manager with IT Source, you will bring your digital mindset to lead large-scale, dynamic and impactful IT initiatives. You will take a results-oriented approach, and demonstrate knowledge and experience thriving in environments using a broad spectrum of leading technologies and applying agile methodologies.
IT Source is an internal professional services staff model in the Treasury Board Secretariat. Our Senior Project Managers have the opportunity and flexibility to lead various I&IT projects that support a number of different government priorities.
Note: As you move from project to project, your assignments through IT Source will vary in length and will be located in a variety of Ministry client site locations throughout the GTA and Oshawa.
OPS Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti-Racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy < https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-public-service-anti-racism-policy > and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint < https://www.ontario.ca/page/ops-inclusion-diversity-blueprint > pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code < http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/ontario-human-rights-code >. Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- Bring a digital mindset to lead and manage large-scale, complex, high-profile and high-risk I&IT projects to deliver on various key government priorities, including bringing simpler, better and faster services to Ontario.
- Provide leadership to high-performing teams of technical and business professionals in a matrix environment enabling agile approaches (i.e. act as a Scrum Master and support Scrum teams in delivering on simultaneous initiatives).
- Consult with clients, stakeholders, and senior management regarding project goals, providing advice and recommendations to ensure effective project delivery.
- Ensure systems are implemented according to established methodologies and meet clients' business requirements while remaining in line with budgets, schedules and scope.
- Develop, monitor, and maintain project management-related artefacts.
- Periodically move onto new project assignments located at different sites throughout the GTA and Oshawa.
Location(s): Oshawa, Toronto
How do I qualify?
Agile Project Management Knowledge and Skills:
- You have demonstrated hands-on experience applying agile methodologies throughout the entire project lifecycle, from concept to release, as a means to plan for iterative digital product development and user involvement (i.e. oversee and manage sprints, sprint planning, stand-ups meetings, retrospectives, and support Scrum teams in delivering on simultaneous initiatives).
- You have extensive experience developing and managing the full range of project management artefacts, including charters, integrated project plans, multi-year project budgets, backlogs and sprint plans.
- You have experience applying agile best practices such as work prioritization, story mapping, user story creation, release planning, retrospectives, etc., to ensure successful delivery of key initiatives.
- You are a hands-on leader who can analyze project environments to identify and proactively address potential risk events and issues, developing and implementing mitigation strategies.
- You have expert-level knowledge of the project management life cycle, project portfolio management, and project management principles and best practices, successfully leading agile projects to expected outcomes.
Leadership and Change Management Skills:
- You have a proven track record of successfully leading strategic, complex, large-scale enterprise-wide agile I&IT projects.
- You have experience collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team to translate the vision into a backlog and lead the team through smooth and continuous delivery.
- You have experience working in conjunction with team members and stakeholders to manage changes to technical requirements, business requirements and schedule of the project.
- You can foster an inclusive, diverse, and effective working environment for teams of talented professionals, knowing the best ideas come from everywhere and everyone.
Consultation, Communication and Collaboration Skills:
- You can lead and develop high-quality communication materials, such as briefing notes, presentations, and reports, and present these materials to positively influence outcomes with clients, stakeholders, and senior or executive management.
- You have experience influencing others by persuasion rather than authority - making your case through excellent communication, speaking clearly to be easily understood, and writing powerfully to persuade.
- You are an advocate for achieving accelerated outcomes by increasing collaboration, innovation and promoting adaptability and flexibility of team members and stakeholders to overcome project obstacles.
- You have demonstrated strong political acuity and negotiation skills to obtain buy-in from team members, senior management and executive stakeholders.
- You have knowledge of the technology systems life-cycle, including analysis, design techniques, systems development, testing and implementation, to plan and manage large-scale multiyear projects.
- You are well versed in digital development needs and have knowledge and understanding of the digital marketplace, digital platforms, technology and market trends to identify opportunities.
- You demonstrate curiosity and seek to understand how a product technically works.
- You are able to dive into the technical details and understand technical concepts that are explained to you.
IT Source is offering a thirty-minute 'optional' information session held via Microsoft Teams meeting. The session will be a general discussion focused on Questions and Answers (Q&A) and a team overview, on:
- Wednesday, January 25, 2023 from 12:05PM to 12:35PM
If you are interested in attending this session, please register here
Session details will be shared by 4:30PM the day before. Same day registrations will not be accepted. If you have any questions in the meantime, please contact email@example.com
**This session is optional and will not influence the screening and selection process**
Salary Range: $80,595 - $128,730 Per Year
- 8 Permanent, 222 Jarvis St, Toronto, Toronto Region or 33 King St W, Oshawa, Central Region, Criminal Record Check
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Corporate Talent Programs Branch, Talent and Leadership Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
|Salary||$80,595 - $128,730 Per Year|
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now" |
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 192954, by Monday, January 30, 2023. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.