Community Energy Champion (Full Time, 3 Year Contract)
|Company||Caldwell First Nation|
|The Community Energy Champion is the staff resource tasked with managing and coordinating energy related initiatives and activities with Caldwell First Nation (CFN).|
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to project planning, scheduling, allocation of personnel and resources, budgeting, and regular communication with members, staff, management and leadership;
• Developing and administering project proposals, work plans, and project costing/budgeting for energy related initiatives in the community;
• Developing, reviewing, and modifying CFN’s community energy plan including routinely updating, modifying and reporting over the course of the project as required;
• Prioritizing and completing action items set out in the community energy plan;
• Acting as an energy education and conservation resource for the CFN community and citizenship;
• Developing a positive working relationship between the community, community members, CFN’s Consultation Coordinators and Hydro One;
• Oversee multiple projects simultaneously; keep stakeholders and CFN Staff informed of the project development and ensuring that project objectives are met;
• Prepare and review reports, conduct presentations for multiple stakeholders;
• Complete all reporting requirements as stipulated in the funding agreements for all energy related;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Post-secondary diploma/degree in a related field;
• Previous experience with data collecting (ability to collect, document, analyze and interpret data and information);
• Demonstrated skills in report writing; technical document review; organizing meetings and events;
• Must have computer skills and proven experience with word processing, spreadsheets, file management and working knowledge of energy related technical software, preferably in a Microsoft environment;
• Must have valid Class ‘G’ driver’s license with reliable method of transportation;
• Clean Vulnerable Sector Check.
• Clean Driver’s Abstract.
• Must be able to effectively achieve measurable objectives within directed work plans;
• Extensive experience in research and analysis;
• Must be able to handle a variety of different work types (eg. desk, field, public, team, independent);
• Grant and proposal writing experience;
• Proven to be accurate, timely, detail oriented, organized, a self-start and able to prioritize workload;
• Must have knowledge in various energy sources and environmental sustainability.
• Other duties as reasonably required.
Applications MUST Include:
• Current cover letter.
• Current resume.
• Three references on your behalf with appropriate contact information. One should be your current or most recent employer.
Contract length: 36 months
Job Type: Contract
|How To Apply||Please email cover letter and resume to James Siu at email@example.com|