Housing Case Manager
|Company||Canadian Mental Health Association, Lambton Kent|
|Job Category||Health Care|
|Housing Case Manager |
1 Permanent Full-time - Sarnia Site
Indigenous Candidate Preferred
The Canadian Mental Health Association Lambton Kent Branch is proud to be a merged community agency serving the mental health needs of Lambton County and the Municipality of Chatham-Kent.
Our vision is to have mentally healthy people in a healthy society. As a leader and champion for mental health, CMHA Lambton Kent provides services and facilitates access to the resources people require to maintain and improve mental health. Our efforts promote community integration, build resilience, and support recovery from mental illness.
This position is responsible for establishing permanent housing and supporting Indigenous and other Housing Clients who have a serious mental illness and are homeless or at risk of being homeless. Through an integrated support model, this worker will work in conjunction with the Housing team and Case Management team to aid clients in securing and maintaining safe, affordable housing in the community
Reporting to the Manager of the Indigenous Team, the incumbent will be responsible for the following functions:
• Working cooperatively with clients and their Clinical Case Manager to address housing needs
• Developing, seek out and recommend potential market based landlords
• Providing assessments when required for those clients that are not in receipt of Case Management Services
• Implementing client centered approaches to promote housing stability
• Providing crisis prevention and intervention planning if needed with the hope of preventing a relapse and/or hospitalization
• Providing short non-intrusive monitoring support
• Assisting clients to access services required
• Program functions under the Housing First model
• Post-secondary degree in Social Work from an accredited university with current registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers; a Registered Nurse with current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (preferably with Canadian Certification in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing), Post-secondary degree with a relevant professional registration (acceptable to the employer); or a Registered Practical Nurse with current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
• Experience working with Indigenous People in a community setting.
• A demonstrated knowledge, awareness and sensitivity to Indigenous Culture and Traditions.
• Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence and access to a vehicle are required
• Knowledge required to assess and support clients with Concurrent Disorders;
• Understanding of the rental housing market including conducting apartment search;
• Crisis or Suicide Intervention training is an asset;
• CPR training;
• Must have strong assessment skills;
• Must have extensive knowledge of serious mental illness and trends in the provision of support services to adults with serious mental illness;
• Extensive knowledge of the Mental Health Act, as well as relevant legislation specific to individuals with a serious mental illness;
• Planning and organization skills to facilitate advocacy and support coordination/service access;
• Extremely well developed written and verbal communication skills;
• Working knowledge of computers with skill in the use of email and Microsoft Office; and
• Proficiency in both official languages will be considered an asset.
Hours of Work: 35 hours/week. Flexible hours are required to meet the position requirements.
While our policy is to hire the best qualified candidates at all times, to better reflect the diversity of our client group, preference will be given to qualified Indigenous applicants
Canadian Mental Health Association – Lambton Kent is committed to a workplace reflecting the diversity of the community it serves and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal Peoples and persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. This information is available in an alternative format upon request, to accommodate individuals with a disability. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted for an interview, please inform us should accommodation be required.
|Salary||Salary: Commensurate With Experience Within The Range: $47,399 - $73,396 Inclusive Of HOOPP.|
|How To Apply||Cindy Kremer, Director of Human Resources|
Canadian Mental Health Association
Lambton Kent Branch
Please quote: Job Posting #7- 2020