- Req ID: 84609
- Department: Information Services
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel:
- # of Positions: 1
- Job Available to: Internal & External
- Deadline to apply: 05/18/2021
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP. For more on our purpose, culture, and strategy, visit cpr.ca/en/about-cp.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The IS team provides ETL capabilities for all data reporting and analytics within CP. This data comprises of real-time sensor data, transactional data, master data, and aggregated data. The Data Services team is responsible for designing, developing, and supporting the Informatica workflows and related data warehouses that provide this data to the rest of the BI group, the IS team, and all reporting and analytics end-users at CP.
- Responsible for data integration using in PWC and IICS.
- Responsible for the development of data maps in PWX and CDCs.
- Responsible for maintaining and supporting the application and related data processes in a production environment.
- Develops Informatica workflows following standards set by and for the team, including promotion standards, naming standards, data flow standards, documentation standards, and code repository standards.
- Collaborates closely with project teams, including Business Analysts, Solution Architects, Project Managers, Application Developers, and BI Developers.
- Collaborates closely with operational teams, including DBAs, Service Operations Center, BI developers, and SAP developers.
- Collaborates with other members of the Informatica team to provide and receive peer reviews of all Informatica workflows and production deployments.
- Project responsibilities can include data modelling, logic development in SQL and/or Informatica, performance tuning, scheduling, and validation of data flows.
- Sustainment responsibilities can include:
- Immediate incident resolution of data problems, performance problems, and integration problems.
- Incident follow-up with root cause analysis
- Incident change release and dev/acceptance reconciliation
- Provides maintenance, as required, for Informatica and Linux middleware which can include patching, installs, shell scripting, updates, and Informatica configuration.
- Provides 24/7 on call support in rotation with the Informatica team.
- Understands the importance of secure data and maintains the confidentiality of CP data.
- Understands the importance of quality data management methods to reduce duplication, maintain data integrity and apply records management processes (as appropriate).
- Maintains an awareness of upcoming trends in data management and ETL.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Pays high attention to detail
- Ability to work under indirect supervision
- Effective interpersonal skills and collaborative working style
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and defining logic for written business requirements
- Adaptable and flexible to a fast-paced work environment and shifting priorities and responsibilities
- Ability to provide 24/7 support while oncall
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in Informatica development
- Preference for development experience across PWC, PWX CDCs, and IICS
- IICS modules are data integration, application integration, mass ingestion, and administration
- Recent experience with many database systems and patterns, including:
- Oracle, SQL Server, SAP eHana – advanced querying methods, performance tuning, and data virtualization;
- Big data patterns – including event-driven, IoT, and data lake;
- Data modelling – Star, Snowflake, and Relational;
- NoSQL familiarity.
- Knowledge of implementation and system integration using APIs, MQ, FTP, and other integration software.
- Working knowledge of Linux and shell scripting
- Working knowledge of Control-M process scheduling
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").
For more information, visit Canadian Pacific for Specialist Business Intelligence Developer