|Closing Date ||2021-06-09 |
|Reference Number ||17-968-06-021 |
|Job Category ||Entry Level |
|Who Can Apply ||Canadian Citizens |
|Location ||Ottawa, Ontario |
Burnaby, British Columbia
|Salary Range ||$65,460 - $79,640 |
|Status ||Indeterminate (permanent) |
|Language Requirement ||Various |
The Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) is seeking applications for a career in surveillance in the regional offices of the Service. Candidates must possess a high level of initiative, motivation and discretion, with the ability to work a flexible schedule. Candidates should be in good physical health and be able to adapt quickly to a variety of settings and situations and manage a high level of stress. Under the direction of a Team Leader, the Surveillance Officer is responsible for:
- Conducting discreet physical surveillance;
- Researching and analyzing information pertaining to surveillance;
- Drafting reports and detailing the information gathered during activities;
- Carry out several tasks simultaneously during surveillance activities.
College diploma (2 year program)
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
If you completed a program outside of Canada you will be required to obtain proof of a Canadian equivalency at your expense through a recognized credential assessment service.
- A minimum of three (3) years' experience driving motor vehicles.
- A minimum of two (2) years' experience working in a team environment.
- A valid and permanent Canadian driver's license.
- Please note that the validity of your driver's license must be maintained throughout employment in this position. A copy of your driver's abstract for the last three (3) years will be required
- Permanent Canadian driver's license is defined as a G Class (Ontario) or minimum of a Class 5 (remainder of Canada). G1, G2, Class 7, Class 6 and Learner's Permit will not be accepted.
- Technical tests will be administered for screening purposes.
- Ability to learn
- Stress Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication Skills (oral and written)
Conditions of Employment
- This position requires shift work. Furthermore, work hours can be unpredictable and can result in personal / family sacrifices.
- To attain permanent (indeterminate) status, candidates must successfully complete the Surveillance Officer Training Course (SOTC). Temporary relocation of candidates is required for training purposes.
- Surveillance Officers are subject to a two (2) year probationary period.
- Bilingual imperative (BBB/BBB) - Ottawa, Ontario
- English Essential (EE/AE) - Burnaby, British Colombia, Edmonton and Calgary Alberta
- French Essential (FE) - Montreal, Quebec
Candidates must be eligible to receive an Enhanced Top Secret security clearance. The process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications. The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use is an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process. Therefore it is important not to use any illegal drugs from the time you submit your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CSIS. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information, visit CSIS for Surveillance Officer