Regional Representative – Sudbury
|Company||Public Service Alliance Of Canada (PSAC)|
|Job Details||View attachment|
• The successful candidate for this appointment will be a qualified Indigenous person
• Position linguistic designation: Bilingual (English, French)
• Position global linguistic level: Second language CEFR level: B2
• The selected candidate is entitled to a car allowance
Under the general supervision of the Regional Coordinator and as part of a regional team that includes other regional office staff, the Regional Council, and regional union bodies such as Area Councils, the Regional Representative builds the union and fosters membership solidarity by delivering union programs and services in the region.
|Salary||$102,212 - $115,043 Plus $1,554.06 Bilingual Allowance|
• Knowledge of union and social issues;
• Knowledge of the political and operational structure of the PSAC;
• Familiarity with basic computer technology.
• Ability to demonstrate their commitment to union principles and social justice;
• Ability to analyze, apply, explain, and interpret collective agreements, employment legislation, and employer policies and directives;
• Ability to inspire, motivate, and organize groups to achieve collective goals and objectives;
• Ability to design and facilitate union education courses according to the principles and practices of popular education;
• Ability to develop union education materials;
• Second language skills as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) level indicated above in order to communicate orally and in writing with workers in a variety of occupations and backgrounds;
• Ability to create and bring strategic plans to fruition;
• Problem solving and conflict resolution skills, teamwork and leadership are required under circumstances that are often stressful and politically sensitive.
• High degree of self-motivation and initiative is expected;
• Good judgment.
|Experience||• Significant experience in the labour and/or social justice movement|
|How To Apply||Internal applicants should submit their résumé online through the intranet. |
Indeterminate PSAC employees who meet all the qualifications of this position can request a transfer in accordance to the relevant collective agreement by sending a written request to the Human Resources Section on or before the closing date.
Members of PSAC should provide their membership number in order to be considered in the membership level of the competition.
To apply online please click Apply Now. Please submit your résumé stating how your knowledge, skills and abilities relate to the qualifications of the position.
The Public Service Alliance of Canada is committed to achieving and maintaining a representative workforce that ensures the full participation and advancement of traditionally under-represented groups. Applications are encouraged from equity groups including women, racially visible persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning, and two-spirited (LGBTQ2+) persons.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For accommodation needs or to obtain a copy of the documents in alternate format, please email email@example.com.
Please note that if you are found unqualified at any step of this competition (i.e. written exam, interview and/or exercise) you will need to wait 180 calendar days from the date of Human Resources’ written notification of being found unqualified before you will be screened-in to a competition for a similar position.