Delivery Agent / Letter Carrier (temporary, On-call)
|Various positions available in Coquitlam, BC.|
Other Location(s): New Westminster, Port Moody
Canada Post is an exciting place to work! And you can be part of it.
We deliver billions of items to Canadians each year – and you can be a big part of making this happen. As a temporary, on-call delivery agent (also known as a letter carrier), you’ll be the face of Canada Post in your community and make sure customers and businesses get the mail and parcels they’re waiting for.
Does this sound like you? The role of delivery agent would be a great fit if you:
• like meeting people and making their day
• enjoy being outside and active year-round
• want to work for a great national company
• would be proud to serve your fellow Canadians
What will you do?
• You’ll start your day in the depot, sorting and preparing the day’s deliveries
• You’ll load and drive a Canada Post postal vehicle
• You’ll then spend most of your day outside, delivering mail and packages by foot or by vehicle to customers on your route
• You’ll return to the depot to unload the day’s incoming mail and packages for later delivery
What must you have?
• A valid Class 5 or Class G driver’s licence with a safe driving record for at least 3 years (driver's abstract required)
• The physical ability to lift mail items weighing up to 22.7 kg (50 lb) and carry items weighing up to 15.9 kg (35 lb) regularly throughout the day
• The ability to work in all types of weather
• The availability to be on-call
• The ability to read, write and speak English
These would help, too!
• Experience in customer service
• Experience making deliveries or working as a driver
In return, we offer:
• Competitive pay
• Extensive classroom and on-the-job training about your duties and safety on the job
• Opportunities for permanent employment
Today’s Canada Post
Canada Post is an e-commerce powerhouse, delivering billions of items every year. We help small businesses grow. We enrich lives in remote communities. We connect Canadians with each other and to the rest of the world. And we do all this by providing residential and business customers with the best possible delivery experience in the country.
We like to promote from within and can offer you a career rather than a job. While, like all of our delivery agents, you’ll start out on a temporary, on-call basis, you’ll have the opportunity to grow with us and obtain a permanent position … even try out new jobs in different areas of the company.
To apply for one of these positions (Job ID 28342) via the Canada Post Careers website, please click on the URL below:
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Des renseignements en français sur ces postes temporaires sur appel (no de poste 28342) en Colombie-Britannique, notamment à Coquitlam, à New Westminster et à Port Moody, sont disponibles en ligne à postescanada.ca/carrieres (voir les postes vacants sous « Possibilités d'emploi actuelles »).
|How To Apply||To apply for one of these positions (Job ID 28342) via the Canada Post Careers website, please click on the URL below:|