Senior Accounting Analyst
|Atomic Energy Of Canada Ltd.
|Is AECL right for you?
As a federal Crown corporation, Atomic Energy of Canada Limited (AECL) has a mandate to enable nuclear science and technology and manage the Government of Canada's radioactive waste liabilities. Since 2015, AECL has been delivering its mandate through a Government-owned, Contractor-operated (GoCo) business model, whereby a private-sector organization, Canadian Nuclear Laboratories (CNL), is responsible for managing and operating AECL's sites on its behalf, pursuant to long term agreements. AECL's objectives under the GoCo model include accelerating Environmental Remediation Management, managing the Federal Nuclear Science and Technology Work Plan in support of government priorities and needs, and building a world-class nuclear laboratory that fulfils government priorities and grows commercial revenues, while reducing or containing costs and risks to Canada.
What you will do:
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accounting Analyst will provide financial analysis and accounting support for financial reporting, cash and banking, tangible capital assets, funding, and tax. You will have a variety of responsibilities ranging from processing the financial month-end close (including financial reports and analyses ensuring the accuracy and integrity of data and information), to providing budgeting, forecasting, business analysis and business decision support to the organization on a variety of financial and accounting related matters.
Additionally, you will be responsible for treasury related matters including monitoring bank accounts, processing disbursements and acting as the primary liaison with banking representatives and investment managers to ensure AECL meets its cash flow needs.
What you bring:
- Completed post-secondary education in a related field, commerce, finance, economics, accounting, business administration.
- CPA designation is preferred (or in progress).
- 5-10 years of relevant experience.
- Sound knowledge of financial analysis techniques, business analysis, and planning methodology.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to think strategically and independently.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data, investigate variances, and provide assessment of future impacts.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and establish own priorities to meet deadlines.
- Complete familiarity with the use of Microsoft office products (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) is a requirement.
- Interpersonal, organizational, problem resolution and analytical skills.
- Collaboration and teamwork skills to maintain a healthy work environment.
- Excellent communication skills complemented by proficient writing and presentation skills to relay information during one-on-one sessions to interpret existing policies, procedures, and government regulations to internal and external stakeholders, banking representatives, external contractors, auditors, and coworkers.
- Knowledge of financial systems (specifically Dynamics is preferred) to understand how different modules interact and be able to query and analyze information.
What we bring:
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits through the Government of Canada.
- Participation in the Public Service Pension Plan (an indexed, defined-benefit pension plan) to help you plan for retirement.
- Vacation, personal and floating days to be used in support of your physical and mental wellbeing.
- A confidential Employee Assistance Program to help with challenges you or your family may be facing.
- A flexible hybrid work model that lets you balance both working from home and nurturing in-person connections by coming into the office or on-site.
What you can expect:
• While this ad will remain posted, we will begin reviewing applications on November 27, 2023.
• This is a full-time position based out of AECL’s Ottawa or Chalk River, Ontario office locations.
• This competition will have two rounds of interviews.
• The selected candidate must successfully meet Government of Canada security clearance requirements.
• While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
• Preference may be given to individuals who are bilingual.
At AECL, we are committed to building an authentic workplace; promoting diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility matters to us. We welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any gender identity, expression, and sexual orientation. Preference may be given to members of a designated group to address identified under-representation. We encourage candidates to self-identify.
AECL provides support and reasonable accommodations in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities including accommodations that consider an applicant's accessibility needs. If you have a disability that requires accommodation during our recruitment process, let us know how we can assist you by emailing email@example.com.
|How To Apply
|Click "Apply Now"
What you can expect:
* While this ad will remain posted, we will begin reviewing applications on November 27, 2023.
* This is a full-time position based out of AECL’s Ottawa or Chalk River, Ontario office locations.
* This competition will have two rounds of interviews.
* The selected candidate must successfully meet Government of Canada security clearance requirements.
* While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
* Preference may be given to individuals who are bilingual.
Please plan to be available on the following dates if you are selected for an interview:
• Phone screens with shortlisted candidates will happen November 29 to December 4, 2023
• First interviews will be in person at our Ottawa office and scheduled for December 11 and 12, 2023
• Second interviews will be virtual and scheduled for December 15 to 19, 2023