|Company||Urban Systems Ltd.|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|Our thriving Courtenay and Victoria branches are looking to add talented and enthusiastic Community Planners in both locations to join our existing team of professional planners, engineers, and other professionals working with local communities in and around Vancouver Island. |
Our planning practice excels at providing professional planning services to clients who are dealing with the interconnections between governance, policy, finance, community design, land use, mobility, and infrastructure. More and more of our clients are looking for innovative ideas and customized solutions based on an integrated perspective of these fields.
This opportunity presents two successful candidates a significant opportunity to directly contribute to the growth of Urban Systems’ Vancouver Island planning practice, drawing on resources both locally and across our Western Canada branches. Both positions are anticipated to start in January 2021. As these positions are part of our Vancouver Island team, it is possible to work out of either our Courtenay or Victoria location. In your covering letter, please indicate which location you would prefer to reside or if you are open to an opportunity in either branch.
As a member of our Island planning practice, you can expect to be involved in:
• Conducting research, analysis, and report writing;
• Researching best practices;
• Supporting communication and engagement;
• Providing interpretations of legislation, regulations, and policies;
• Assisting in the preparation of planning documents and preparing presentations for public meetings;
• Collaborating with the existing team to develop public engagement materials such as open house panels, newsletters, brochures and community surveys; and
• Attending meetings and liaising with clients.
|Education Requirements||Our preferred candidate will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree; however, preference will be given to candidates that hold a master’s degree in Urban and Regional Planning or a related field.|
|How To Apply||If this describes your background, your skills and your natural talents, please check out our website for more information and submit your resume and covering letter along with a completed Candidate Questionnaire (available for download on our website).|
Deadline for applications: Sunday December 6, 2020