The McMaster Facilities team is seeking a full-time custodian for our night shift. A driven and trustworthy custodian that thrives in a collaborative team environment while demonstrating fine attention to detail in the delivery of excellent customer service. Building on our department’s commitment to delivering high-quality service standards, every member of the cleaning team must champion the department’s values of: Teamwork, Respect, Accountability, Integrity, Trust and Perseverance.
By joining the Facilities team, you will have the unique opportunity to work across campus and ensure that the physical environment used by students, researchers, professors and guests, is conducive to learning and teaching excellence. A custodian role at McMaster will give you an invaluable opportunity to be a part of a united team that ensures our McMaster community continues to feel safe, supported and inspired.
As a member of our team, we are committed to your personal and professional growth. We strive to foster and encourage a motivated, skilled and professional workforce by providing numerous professional development opportunities and resources including an employee career services department. The employment will be a conditional offer upon completion of a successful pre-Employment Medical Examination.
As a unionized employee please refer to the collective agreement link:
Collective Agreements - Human Resources (mcmaster.ca)
The Job Duties:
- Cleaning classrooms, labs, offices, washrooms, residences etc. in a specified area.
- Floor maintenance including sweeping, mopping, spray buffing, waxing etc.
- General cleaning includes dusting, extended washing
- Light moving of furniture and equipment.
- Waste disposal and collection.
- Responsible for unlocking and locking buildings on campus.
- Respond to calls in a timely fashion for emergency cleaning.
- Follow prescribed work schedules and understand verbal and written instructions.
- Practice all health & safety procedures and policies
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Must understand the concept of customer service and deliver on it.
- Must be reliable, motivated, enthusiastic and a team player, willing to assist as needed
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently, show initiative and demonstrate a willingness to learn.
- Ontario Class “G” license in good standing would be an asset
For more information, visit McMaster University for CUSTODIAN 2 - NIGHT SHIFT