|Company||Ministry Of Forests|
|Job Category||Creative Media and Writers|
|Ministry of Forests|
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work from home a few days a week subject to an approved Telework Agreement. Flexible work options may not be available during emergency operations response periods.
$62,255.85 - $70,557.73 annually
The BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) is British Columbia's primary emergency response organization. It operates year-round to deliver its mandate for wildfire management and response to natural hazard emergencies. The BCWS delivers services through six fire centres, thirty-three zones and two provincial centres in Kamloops and Victoria.
The Communications Specialist is responsible for developing and delivering the communications program for the Fire Centre. This position will coordinate, prepare and document responses for media, public and stakeholder inquiries on behalf of the Fire Centre. The Communications Specialist will also develop and maintain the Fire Centre website and assist with other branch communication sites. Additionally, this position will oversee and administer the production and distribution of internal and external communication tools.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree in a field related to communications, public relations, journalism or equivalent knowledge, plus 1 year recent related experience; or
- Technical diploma in a field related to communications, public relations, journalism, or equivalent knowledge, plus 3 years recent related experience; or
- Grade 12 plus 5 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and training.
o Related experience may include:
Web development (user experience based)
Developing or implementing communications plans
o Preparing media materials and key messages
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience.
- Preference may be given to candidates with emergency response experience.
- Valid Class 5 driver licence.
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now" For more information and to apply online by May 30, 2023|