Combination Technician B
|As a Combination Technician B, you will install/upgrade/repair various technologies provided to Northwestel's customers. You require certification as a Journeyman Communications Technician or a graduate of a 2-year communication electronic program at a recognized technical institute or achieve a passing mark on a qualifying exam. Two (2) years or more work experience in the technologies specified below.|
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. If you are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority please indicate so when you are completing the pre-screen questions as you apply to receive hiring preference.
Installs/upgrades/repairs various technologies provided to the customer, depending on location, that includes but is not limited to the following:
* Microwave terminals and repeaters (analog and digital);
* Satellite remote terminals;
* VHF base stations and mobiles;
* Central Office equipment including transmission and switching equipment;
* Supervisory equipment;
* DC power plant equipment including but not limited to rectifiers, inverters, counter cells, battery and distribution facilities;
* Multiplex and VF equipment; and
* Electronics associated with fibre optic systems;
* Required to provide occasional support for other technical roles including but not limited to Radio, or Radio/CO Combination Technicians;
* Required to perform the duties of a Service Technician in the areas of telephony, data, Key Systems, and PABX on an as-needed basis;
* Represents the Company through direct contact with customers which may require the need to explain Company equipment and services;
* Contribute to continuous improvement in the delivery of product or service to internal and/or external customers;
* Create and maintain documentation and paperwork associated with any of the above;
* Actively participate in personal and professional education and development to keep current with required technologies or skills required to effectively manage and resolve customer issues;
* Protects the Company's assets at all times and in all situations within the employee’s control;
* Will be required to be available for call-outs when on Standby status and/or during emergencies;
* Required to travel to various customer sites including out-of-town locations that require air travel including helicopters and small airplanes and may be required for call-outs.
Knowledge and Skills Required
* Journeyman Communications Technician or graduate of a 2-year communication electronic program at a recognized technical institute or achieve a passing mark on the qualifying exam;
* Two (2) years or more work experience in the technologies (listed above) being serviced in the area where this job is located;
* Ability to work effectively without direct supervision;
* Ability to work effectively as a member of a team with a broad range of duties;
* Computer literacy sufficient to function with the documentation processes associated with service calls;
* Possess valid drivers license (minimum class 5);
* Must be able to travel to sites, out of town and respond to emergency call-outs as required;
* Must be physically capable of performing duties; and
* Must be willing to work inside or outside in all weather conditions.
As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete a work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
|How To Apply||Click Apply Now!|