|Company||Out On Screen|
|Job Details||View attachment|
Out On Screen in Vancouver, BC is currently accepting applications for an experienced Executive Director with strong people leadership and advocacy skills, as well as experience with non-profit organizations and the LGBT2Q+ community. This is an opportunity to lead a growing organization whose mission is to illuminate, celebrate, and advance queer lives through film, education, and dialogue. Out On Screen currently delivers on their mission with two core programs: their annual Vancouver Queer Film Festival and their award winning education program Out In Schools.
The ideal candidate has exceptional people leadership and business skills and is able to lead, support, and collaborate with staff while advancing the aims of the organization. The Executive Director is able to make decisions and implement decisions in a diverse and political environment. They effectively build and maintain relationships with external stakeholders, corporations, and non-profit organizations to grow awareness in the community and diversify the donor base. The ideal candidate embraces professionalism, has an entrepreneurial drive, and understands how to support and grow an organization while managing change.
The ideal candidate will have leadership experience with non-profit organizations, as well as familiarity and experience with the LGBT2Q+ community. They must be an emotionally intelligent, compassionate, and collaborative leader with a strong vision. They must also have a strong interest in engaging and building relationships/partnerships with the community, stakeholders, and other organizations.
Please see the full Opportunity Brief for more information about this opportunity and Out On Screen.
This position is responsible for ensuring quality events, programs, and services through strategic leadership, collaborative and supportive people management, and oversight in the following areas:
• Advancing the Strategic Direction, Workplace Culture, and Stakeholder Relations
• Philanthropic Cultivation and Stewardship
• Strategic Community Relations
• Financial Integrity
• Strategic Planning
• Risk Mitigation
• Reporting to the Board, Board Relationship and Collaboration
Please review the Job Description on our website at https://realizestrategies.ca/opportunities/ for the full list of duties and responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
• A degree in social justice, business, non-profit management, or equivalent experience.
Experience and Competencies
• 5 to 7 years of professional experience in a leadership role working in complex environments and serving diverse communities, including the LGBT2Q+ community
• Strong understanding of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) principles, as well as anti-oppression and social justice frameworks, and an ability to communicate those effectively
• Ability to galvanize people both within the organization and within the community
• Exceptional people leadership skills
• Strong skills implementing a fund development strategy
• Strong financial management and budgeting skills
• Strong coaching and mentoring skills
• Strong change management skills and experience/understanding of systemic change
• Excellent conflict management and de-escalation skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Skills and experience with trauma-informed workplaces
• Ability to set boundaries effectively and kindly
• Strong, proactive, and sensitive HR competencies
• Strong understanding of governance and experience reporting to or working closely with a Board of Directors
• Ability to adapt management style to diverse staff
• Ability to implement operations and decisions in a political environment
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The Executive Director position receives a comprehensive compensation package that includes a salary range of $80,000 to $110,000, extended health benefits, and access to wellness and professional development funds.
|Salary||$80,000 To $110,000|
|How To Apply||This search is conducted by Realize Strategies. To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume in one PDF document to https://realizestrategies.ca/job-opportunities/oos-executive-director/. |
For more information about this position, including a full role description and opportunity brief, please visit https://realizestrategies.ca/opportunities/ or contact Alison Marshall or Gillian Harper at 604.718.8292.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis, with priority given to those submitted by June 7, 2020. All applications will be kept in strict confidence.
Out On Screen has a special concern with the equitable participation and advancement of members of groups that have traditionally been disadvantaged in employment. Women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, people of colour), persons with diverse abilities, and persons from diverse sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expression are encouraged to apply.
Out On Screen thanks all applicants for their interest in this position.