Vessel Operator (23-01)
|Are you passionate to learn more about food security, world-class logistics and build strong relationships? If this is the opportunity you've been looking for, apply today!|
Canpotex is currently seeking a Vessel Operator (23-01) to join the Operations team in our Saskatoon office.
Headquartered in Saskatoon with three international offices, we are one of the world's largest suppliers of potash overseas. On behalf of our Shareholders, Mosaic and Nutrien, we market and deliver Saskatchewan potash, a valuable fertilizer nutrient, to millions of fields and farmers globally - ultimately helping the world grow more food.
Situated in the vibrant Saskatoon area of River Landing, occupying a spacious, world-class contemporary office building that supports our culture. We proudly offer a highly flexible hybrid-work environment that encourages a flexible work-life balance while promoting meaningful connections with colleagues and stakeholders. We are passionate about ensuring food security for young people through our community investment program that allows our employees individual volunteer opportunities. We proudly offer a competitive total rewards package, career growth opportunities and the experience to collaborate with global colleagues and customers.
- Responsible for coordinating all voyage activities. This includes interpreting and implementing the charter party terms and conditions of assigned vessels, monitoring and updating voyage information, settling of final vessel accounts and performing post-voyage analysis.
- Manages voyages with all stakeholders and initiates pre-emptive or corrective action as required.
- Responsible for reviewing, implementing, and optimizing voyage and bunkering plans to maximize cargo intake, reduce costs, minimize delays, and meet customer requirements.
- Engages and instructs port agents, surveyors, and weather routing companies in a timely and efficient manner.
- Generates laytime calculations and settles demurrage/dispatch.
- Coordinates timely and accurate instructions to vessel masters/owners, while performing various post-voyage analysis.
- Evaluates and approves payment of port disbursement accounts, monitors the issuance and availability of cargo documents.
- Bachelor's degree or Diploma in Marine Transportation or a related field.
- Minimum three to five years' experience in vessel operations or scheduling or similar role.
- Experience vessel operations or scheduling would be considered an asset.
- Relationship builder with a strong ability to build and maintain effective working relationship with business partners.
- Strong ability to set priorities, organize workload, and function with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible to work outside of office hours as required.
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now" |
We would like to hear from you! Please apply online on our website by January 31, 2023.
Please apply early as applications will be considered throughout the posting process.
We recognize the diverse nature of applicants and consider a combination of equivalent education and experience.
We are committed to providing a respectful and inclusive work environment that celebrates diversity. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other personal characteristic protected by legal grounds.
We thank all candidates for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To stay connected, follow us on LinkedIn