|Closing Date ||2022-05-17 |
|Reference Number ||21-968-09-216 |
|Job Category ||Experienced |
|Who Can Apply ||Canadian Citizens |
|Location ||Ottawa, Ontario |
|Salary Range ||$95,250 - $116,060 |
|Status ||Indeterminate (permanent) |
|Language Requirement ||Various |
- Manage complex system development projects by planning, organizing, directing and controlling multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Analyse project assignments and propose project management processes to successfully deliver approved project scope.
- Prepare detailed project charters, project management plans based on Portfolio Management Office templates covering objectives, activities and resource requirements. Adhere to Branch's project management methodology.
- Develop plans/objectives/costs and time frames for projects by discussing operational and technical requirements with clients and other areas of the Service.
- Manage all activities of the project by developing, organizing, maintaining and regularly updating project plans; controlling budgetary expenditures; directing/instructing human resources, managing change in scope and schedule.
- Resolve problems by analysing and following IM/IT practices and standards; facilitating discussions and resolving conflicts internal and external to the Service; developing new approaches to resolve issues.
- Participate to the Branch's annual and multi-year planning activities by contributing to the Project Review Committee and Investment Review Committee processes which evaluate initiatives against organizational priorities.
- Assist with preapproval business case development by developing preliminary project plans and resource estimates.
- Manage internal and contract project resource requirements by writing Statements of Work, contributing to Requests for Proposals, establishing evaluation criteria and weighing/reviewing responses against evaluation criteria.
- Manage projects related to the piloting/prototyping of new technologies by directing/instructing engineers/technologists/contractors responsible for performing the design/modification.
- Direct the research, analysis and testing of new systems/equipment/softwares for possible use in CSIS by evaluating new technologies for their potential to address business.
- Undergraduate or Master's degree and seven (7) years of relevant experience
- Technologist diploma or Professional technologist equivalency designation and eight (8) years of relevant experience
Fields of study: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Network Security or telecommunications.
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
If you completed a program outside of Canada you will be required to obtain proof of a Canadian equivalency at your expense from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
Note: Any higher level of education could be recognized as experience.
The relevant experience is in a role where the core function was to lead and/or manage IT, R&D and/or Scientific projects using Project Management methodologies.
Candidates must also possess:
- Three (3) experience in either one of the following:
- Managing projects related to the planning, development, and deployment of technical infrastructure for IT computing platform environment, or
- Managing business solutions development (Software application development, COTS integration projects, custom solution development, or partnership enablement and solution integration)
- Managing projects in the areas of research and development or scientific analysis related to the planning and development of technical product and solutions
In addition, preference will be given to candidates who possess any one of the following certifications:
- Project Management certification (Project Management Institute (PMI), Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or Prince 2 Practitioner certification)
- A Master in Project Management
- Knowledge of System development lifecycle (SDLC) models
- Knowledge of Iterative development methodologies / frameworks
- Familiarity with the use of project management software tools and applications
- ITIL training or certifications
- Experience in Product Management
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Risk Management
- Focus Results (Result Oriented)
Conditions of Employment
While we continue to explore opportunities for flexible work arrangements, the majority of work in our organization must be done in the office and cannot be performed at home.
A written exam will be administered. If successful, you will be invited to an interview. The exam will serve to evaluate your knowledge as it pertains to this position.
Candidates must be eligible to receive an Enhanced Top Secret security clearance. The process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications. The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use is an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process. Therefore it is important not to use any illegal drugs from the time you submit your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CSIS. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information, visit CSIS for Project Manager