|Closing Date ||2022-08-15 |
|Reference Number ||21-968-05-211 |
|Job Category ||Entry Level |
|Who Can Apply ||Canadian Citizens |
|Location ||Ottawa, Ontario |
|Salary Range ||$57,960 - $70,500 |
|Status ||Indeterminate (permanent) |
|Language Requirement ||Bilingual Non-Imperative (BBB/BBB) |
- Operates an automated four-colour digital offset press in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations.
- Evaluates, compares and corrects the initial print job impression in accordance with established client production requests by controlling and maintaining the variable press elements to ensure a consistent image impression, desired substrate, correct flow, precise registration and appropriate colour balance.
- Performs bindery/assembly and finishing functions by operating various Print Shop equipment.
- Administers and maintains the inventory of products and consumables by performing checks, analysis, prioritization and scheduling of actions.
- Controls/regulates the distribution of a variety of printed documents such as manuals, reports, forms and flyers throughout the Service.
- Inspects and conducts necessary mechanical maintenance and repairs of the press, photocopiers and shredders by following the manufacturer's recommendations and by evaluating and investigating any problems that may occur with the equipment.
- College diploma and two (2) years of related experience
- High school diploma and four (4) years of related experience
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
If you completed a program outside of Canada you will be required to obtain proof of a Canadian equivalency at your expense through a recognized credential assessment service.
Note: Any higher level of education could be recognized as experience.
- Experience working on a four-colour press.
- Experience in producing four-colour process and spot colours.
- Experience with the operation and basic maintenance requirements of a four-colour offset press and related printing equipment
Candidates must also possess:
- One (1) year experience in the use of a densitometer in reproducing process and multi-color work with quality on all printed materials, within the last eight (8) years.
- One (1) year experience in the use of different paper types, inks, varnishes, ink reducers and other supplies used in printing, within the last eight (8) years.
- One (1) year experience in keeping routine work records, within the last eight (8) years.
- Experience in flexography (including but not limited to: pre-press, plate preparation/mounting, operation, press maintenance).
- Experience in screen-printing (including but not limited to: pre-press, screen imaging/preparation, operation, press maintenance).
- Experience in foil stamping and embossing (including but not limited to: die making, operation, equipment maintenance).
- Client Service
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Results oriented
- Innovation / Creativity / Ingenuity
Conditions of Employment
- Upon appointment, an employee shall remain in their new position for one (1) year.
- Lifting of heavy items may be required (boxes, equipment, approximately 40 pounds/20 kg).
- Appropriate clothing and footwear must be worn within the Print shop. Allowances will be provided.
- Some relocation expenses may be covered
- While we continue to explore opportunities for flexible work arrangements, the majority of work in our organization must be done in the office and cannot be performed at home.
Candidates must be eligible to receive an Enhanced Top Secret security clearance. The process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications. The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use is an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process. Therefore it is important not to use any illegal drugs from the time you submit your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CSIS. However, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more information, visit CSIS for Offset Press Operator