Engineer And/or Civil Technologist (Project/Client Leaders)
|Company||Urban Systems Ltd.|
|Location||Fort St John Or Dawson Creek|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|About the Opportunity|
Our Fort St. John and Dawson Creek offices are looking to add two capable and enthusiastic Intermediate Engineers or Civil Technologists (Project/Client Leaders) to the existing team of professionals providing quality service to our clients. In this role, you will benefit from the support and mentorship of industry professionals while working on exciting and challenging projects that make a visible difference in the communities in which we work. Leading in the planning, design, and construction of multiple projects, while building new and existing relationships with clients, you will be given as much freedom and responsibility as you demonstrate you can handle. In addition to client and project leadership experience, you can expect to be responsible for the following:
• Developing innovative yet practical general municipal engineering solutions with a focus on infrastructure and transportation projects. This includes all aspects of feasibility and planning, design and procurement and construction and implementation stages;
• Assisting clients with a holistic approach to managing their communities’ assets. This is likely to include helping clients to:
o Develop and implement strategic plans;
o Plan and implement infrastructure systems; and
o Identify, secure and leverage a wide range of funding sources.
• Developing and maintaining relationships with existing clients while actively working to build new connections with nearby communities and clients;
• Proactively and professionally communicating with clients, colleagues, contractors and the general public; and
• Demonstrating a commitment to continuous learning and growth through the ongoing achievement of personal and professional goals.
|Essential Skills||In addition, the following qualities would be considered a great asset to this role, however, we will provide training and mentorship to the right candidate who demonstrates the desired attributes:|
• Proven project leadership skills within a multidisciplinary team;
• A desire to coach and mentor teammates in order to help them grow and succeed;
• Excellent written and oral communication, facilitation, and presentation skills;
• Ability to think strategically about the services that we can offer our clients;
• A self-starter who is passionate about working closely with nearby communities, to help address key infrastructure and planning challenges in an innovative and practical manner;
• A problem solver and who is committed to continually deliver consistent high-quality work;
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and thrive in a self-directed work environment;
• Passionate about helping communities across northern BC thrive;
• Enjoys working in a collaborative team environment;
• Suited to consulting given your instincts for:
o Having the ability to listen to others and enjoy working with great people;
o Collaborating with people of varying backgrounds and perspectives;
o Providing practical solutions to problems; and
o Working hard to deliver outstanding service and value to our clients;
As this position requires travel, a valid Class 5 Driver's Licence is required.
Due to COVID-19, the opportunity to work remotely and from home does exist. Thinking beyond the COVID-19 pandemic, it is expected that employees are available to partake in some activities in-person, such as attending meetings, participating in branch activities, and collaborating on projects. Therefore, the individual would need to reside in Fort St. John or Dawson Creek.
|Experience||Preference will be given to an intermediate engineer (registered or qualified to be registered with EGBC) or a technologist with a focus on civil or environmental engineering. The candidate will have approximately 5 years of related technical skills and experience working alongside clients in a consulting environment. Experienced professionals who have a proven history of excellent client advocacy skills and working alongside communities will be given priority.|
|Work Settings||About Us|
Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, Urban Systems is an employee-owned inter-disciplinary consulting firm based in western Canada. In business since 1975, we have over four decades of experience working with a variety of clients including all levels of government, Indigenous communities, commercial and residential land developers. Our team of over 450 people, across multiple branch offices, is committed to helping build vibrant communities of all sizes.
About the Peace Region
The Peace River Regional District is a bustling area of the province with a young and growing population. This is an opportunity to live and play in the north while joining a tight-knit office of professionals working on unique assignments creating resilient and vibrant communities across the region.
Our Fort St. John office, established in the north for over 25 years, has a team of 21 people who support communities across the Peace region including our neighbouring Indigenous communities and 9 local municipalities and 2 regional districts. To better serve our clients, in early 2021 we opened a new office in Dawson Creek If the idea of being a part of building a new office team is intriguing to you, then Dawson Creek may be a great place for you.
At this time, we are looking for two enthusiastic teammates to join either our Fort St. John or Dawson Creek offices.
At Urban Systems, we make significant investments in our people, which is why we take great care to hire those who we believe will thrive in Urban Systems over the long term. We’ve become recognized as a workplace of choice by nurturing a unique corporate culture that sets us apart and provides:
-Challenging and interesting project opportunities;
-A fun workplace, where hard work accomplishes great things;
-The opportunity to work with industry leading professionals in a collaborative environment;
-Ongoing career development and learning; and
-Meaningful rewards and recognition.
|How To Apply||How to Apply|
If this posting describes your background, your skills, and your natural talents, please visit our website for more information and submit your resume and cover letter. We would love to hear from you.
Urban Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive culture for all employees. Our clients come from all walks of life and so do you. We believe that diversity and unity amongst our teams leads to building vibrant communities.
Deadline for applications: Monday, June 28, 2021, at 9:00 am PST