Solution Designer, Cloud Technologies
We're one of Canada's largest pension investment managers, with CAD$230.5 billion of net assets as at March 31, 2022.
We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force. Headquartered in Ottawa, PSP Investments has its principal business office in Montreal and offices in New York, London and Hong Kong.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world's top companies. At PSP, you'll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
At PSP, we encourage our employees to grow, forge powerful relationships, contribute and fuel inspired investment launchpads. We are committed to a culture that fosters collaboration and allows us to think beyond, in an interconnected way. We advocate for our employees to speak-up, learn, experiment, share, and be part of an inclusive work environment where diversity is embraced.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As a Solution Designer, Cloud Technologies, you'll:
- Support delivery teams in the migration of existing solutions or the design of new cloud solutions to facilitate and accelerate PSP's transition to MS Azure
- Actively participate in the implementation and improvement of the cloud-based application development and operations framework
- Build relationships with IT Security teams to find an acceptable balance between security and productivity
- Optimize cloud spending in collaboration with the Value Chains and Platforms technical teams
- Master the data, processes and operations of the enterprise information system to ensure synergy in the development of solutions
- Provide a positive environment for team interaction
- Ensure the exchange of information and expertise between centers of expertise
- Coordinate different teams to accelerate results and achieve efficiency gains
- Proactively identify implementation risks and issues and develop risk reduction plans
- Implement a model that empowers Value Chains and Platforms delivery teams to become autonomous
- At the same time, ensure consistent and efficient use of cloud computing within the organization using MS Azure governance mechanisms
- Keep abreast of the latest MS Azure developments and ensure a technology watch to seize business opportunities for the organization and share them with the Value Chains and Platforms delivery teams
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Broad knowledge of the range of services available under MS Azure to guide Value Chains and Platforms technical teams in the design of cloud-native applications
- Ability to understand cloud computing security issues and to communicate them to Value Chains and Platforms technical teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills for both specialized and general audiences
- Strong ability to negotiate with and influence others
- Ability to produce solution architecture documents
- Drive to pursue excellence and challenge the status quo to seek out alternative perspectives
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Delivery experience in an agile and DevOps environment
- Extensive experience with the various MS Azure technologies and services (Azure AD, Azure VM, Azure File Share, Azure Migrate, Azure Virtual Desktop, Azure App Service, Azure App Gateway, Azure Firewall, Azure Log Analytics, Azure Functions, Azure Key Vault, Azure Storage, Azure DevOps, Azure Kubernetes, etc.)
- Relevant experience in application development (.net), an asset
- Experience in deploying and configuring infrastructure on MS Azure using an "Infrastructure as Code" approach
- Excellent knowledge of technology infrastructure and network concepts
- Operational experience with a strong ability to adapt in a problem-solving environment
- Autonomy and sufficient experience in solution design and integration
- Although we work primarily on a Microsoft stack, we are looking for someone with a broad knowledge of tools, development platforms and cloud computing
- Proficiency in oral and written French and English
We offer a tailored employee experience and competitive total rewards and benefits package* designed to attract and retain global diverse talent, reward performance, and reinforce business strategies and priorities. Beyond salary and incentive pay eligibility, you have access to:
- A flexible hybrid work model with a mix of in-office and remote days based on business groups, teams, and roles
- A hybrid allowance to support any hybrid related needs
- Competitive pension plans
- Comprehensive group insurance plans
- Unlimited access to virtual healthcare services and wellness programs
- Generous and inclusive paid family leave
- Vacation days available on day one with additional days on milestone service anniversaries, and summer Friday afternoons off
- Investment in career development
*Benefits package may vary based on your employee type.
At PSP, we aim to provide an inclusive workplace where we leverage diversity and where everyone feels valued, safe, respected and empowered to grow. As part of this leadership commitment, we strongly encourage applications from all qualified applicants and strive to offer an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please let us know.
Visit us on www.investpsp.com/en/
Vaccination: We are committed to a healthy and safe work environment. As a Canadian Crown Corporation with offices around the world, we adhere to Canadian and local government guidelines regarding COVID-19. Vaccination is not currently a mandatory employment criteria. However, this is subject to change, depending on Canadian and local government guidelines.
|Proficiency In Oral And Written French And English
|How To Apply
|Click "Apply Now"