Highlights of the job
We are hiring a full-time permanent Techno-Functional Analyst position working out of Edmonton, AB.
EPCOR has an exciting opportunity for a skilled Techno-Functional Analyst to join the Application Services Team. As the Techno-Functional Analyst, you will oversee the performance and maintenance of the team's applications. This includes participating in the full development life cycle; including requirement gathering, design, configuring, testing and implementation of changes. You are a strong team player and pursue excellence in the work you do. You possess a strong sense of urgency and are service focused in your interactions with others.
This position may be eligible for EPCOR's hybrid work program!
What you'd be responsible for
- Providing input to the Business Applications Team's plans and directions at the appropriate level, and ensuring on-going appropriate relationships with other positions
- Ensuring the delivery of optimal results against appropriate performance metrics:
- Incident Delivery and Responsiveness
- Delivery on Change Request estimations
- Customer Satisfaction Surveys
- System Availability
- Knowledge Management KPIs
- Completing quality functional production deployments according to change management procedures
- Performing unit testing to ensure quality delivery on tickets and work requests
- Utilizing open communication and problem solving skills to resolve customer issues and incidents efficiently and effectively within expected timeframes
- Estimating, designing, and configuring solutions to meet or exceed customer or project requirements and enhancement delivery targets
- Abiding by all Application Services departmental policies and processes for the purpose of consistent support and administrative practices throughout Application Services
- Addressing system availability issues with the required urgency and contributing to root cause analysis on issues as a way of proactively preventing them in the future
- Providing valuable contributions to documentation and knowledgebase allowing for the long-term sustainability of EPCOR IS
- Advising and collaborating with other members of Application Services to allow for the creation and maintenance of dependable, efficient, and quality application solutions
- Developing quality and lasting IS solutions to business problems with a focus in integrating solutions into process based and repeatable models which allow for better long term maintenance of systems
- Executing daily job duties with a focus on continuous improvement of processes and systems
- Participating in both Operational and Major Capital Projects as assigned by the manager of the area
- Working closely with all business users at all levels as assigned by the manager of the area
- Addressing all issues ranging from low to high complexity as assigned by the manager of area
- Handles all incidents (severity 1-5) with professionalism and limited supervision from the manager and ensures their successful progression through various development, test and production environments.
What's required to be successful
- A degree or diploma in Business, Accounting, IT or Finance from a recognized institute is required
- 7+ years ofÂ functional operational experience is required
- Working experience within an Oracle E-Business environment
- Understands Oracle Applications functionality including configuration and use.Â This includes performing system administration tasks.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the following ERP modules:
- Oracle Inventory and Order Management
- Oracle Service Parts Planning (SPP)
- Oracle Purchasing
- Oracle BI - Procurement and Spend
- Oracle Payables
- Oracle iExpense
- Oracle E-Business Tax
- Oracle Accounts Receivables
- Knowledge of the following modules would be also considered an asset:
- Oracle GL
- Oracle Cash Management
- Oracle Fixed Assets
- Oracle Projects
- Strong knowledge of accounting and finance principles with an ability to translate financial accounting requirements into practical solutions
- Experience with Oracle Financials process flows as well as Oracle Workflows is required
- Extensive experience gathering business requirements from the business usersÂ
- Demonstrated capability to design, configure and unit test IS solutions.
- Development and system analysis experience with Oracle PL/SQL and SQL Tuning
- Experience with System Delivery Life Cycle is an asset
- Experience opening, managing and resolving service requests with Oracle is considered an asset
- Ability to react with urgency to troubleshoot critical issues when faced with application availability situations
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the company personnel and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Active learning skills, which is required to adapt to changes to technology and business requirements
Other important facts about this job
Wage: Starting at $51.11 per hour. Placement based on qualifications, credentials and experience. These rates may change subject to ratification of a new Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Hours of work: 75 hours biweekly
Application deadline: December 11, 2022
EPCOR Employees: please ensure that you are using your "@epcor.com" email address.
Learn more about Working at EPCOR!
Follow us on LinkedIn,Â Twitter, GlassdoorÂ or Facebook!
Please note the following information:
- A requirement of working for EPCOR is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required. Some EPCOR positions require an enhanced level of background assessment, which is dictated by law. These positions require advanced criminal record checks that must also be conducted from time to time after commencement of employment.
- A technical/practical assessment may be administered during the selection process and this exercise will be used as a part of the selection criterion.
- To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required.