Highlights of the job
We are hiring one (1) Full Time, Permanent Manager, Regulatory Analytics position working out of Edmonton, AB.
The Manager, Regulatory Analytics is accountable for managing the financial requirements and compliance reporting for EPCOR Water Canada's Performance Based Regulation (PBR) regulatory applications. The role requires knowledge of a regulated utility business and will provide great opportunities to develop subject matter expertise in the regulatory process and the issues facing regulated utilities.
What you'd be responsible for
- Delivery of regulatory financial information including revenue requirement and cost of service studies for EPCOR Water Canada's regulated utilities including Water, Wastewater and Drainage.
- Developing, maintaining and reviewing regulatory financial models to support PBR applications, annual compliance reporting and management reporting.
- Providing input to strategies, plans and directions to support regulatory applications for EPCOR Water Canada.
- Developing and/or reviewing financial regulatory policies and service level agreements to ensure alignment with regulatory applications/decisions and identifying issues with recommendations to support changes and/or updates.
- Coordinating cross functional teams from EPCOR Water Canada and EPCOR Corporate Shared Services to facilitate delivery of financial information and analytics to support regulatory applications and annual compliance reporting.
- Planning and coordinating with external consultants on key studies and engagement with regulators, as appropriate.
- Developing financial models and associated analysis for various commercial and regulated projects.
- Communicating regulatory decisions and related impacts to subject matter experts supporting regulatory applications.
What's required to be successful
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience. Experience in a management position is required accompanied by proven success of leading a cross functional team.
- An undergraduate degree in business, accounting, economics, engineering or other field related to the utility sector.
- Possession of a professional accounting/finance designation CPA, CA, CMA, CGA or CFA would be considered an asset.
- Excellent financial modelling and analytical skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, able to present complex information to a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience with and high proficiency in project management.
- Excellent computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Office and SharePoint.
- Previous experience in the regulated water or electricity sectors would be considered a definite asset.Â
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt to changing conditions, and be flexible enough to respond to a wide variety of issues that could arise within this position's scope of responsibility.
As our best candidate, you are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate strong interpersonal and project management skills. You are highly analytical with the ability to provide sound advice and have a keen attention to detail. You are a strong communicator and leader; you effectively engage team members in working towards a shared vision, and prioritize effectively. Your ability to ensure supportive and collaborative relationships between EPCOR and external stakeholders is demonstrated, as is the ability to ensure responsiveness to stakeholder needs while protecting company interests.
Other important facts about this job
Hours of work: 80 hours bi-weekly
Application deadline: December 2, 2022
Internal Applicants, please ensure that you are using your "@epcor.com" email address!
Learn more about Working at EPCOR!
Follow us on LinkedIn,Â Twitter, GlassdoorÂ or Facebook!
Please note the following information:
- A requirement of working for EPCOR is that you are at least 18 years of age, successfully attained a high school diploma (GED, or equivalent level of secondary education) and legally entitled to work in Canada. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required. Some EPCOR positions require an enhanced level of background assessment, which is dictated by law. These positions require advanced criminal record checks that must also be conducted from time to time after commencement of employment.
- A technical/practical assessment may be administered during the selection process and this exercise will be used as a part of the selection criterion.
- To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required.