Highlights of the job
We are hiring a permanent full-time Proposal Coordinator to support the Project Development Team working at the EPCOR Tower located in Edmonton, AB.
As the Proposal Coordinator, you will be a key support for business development activities in both Canada and the United States, to meet EPCOR's growth efforts through development projects, asset acquisitions and other partnerships. In particular, this position will support development projects and responses to Request for Qualifications (RFQ) and Request for Proposals (RFP).Â This involves a detailed review of the requirements, developing a proposal schedule and requirements list, collaborating with internal and external contributors, information gathering, coordinate proposal reviews and approvals, and produce a professional, well-written, clear, compliant, and competitive document with strong graphic elements. The proposals must also be consistent with EPCOR standards and follow company brand guidelines, while perpetuating EPCOR's values. Other accountabilities include market research, assisting with marketing activities and materials, supporting business case development, and improving internal business processes.
What you'd be responsible for
The main accountabilities for the Proposal Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the preparation of materials required for competitive procurement processes; coordinating all proposal development work efforts, content and schedules, up to and including finalizing the document by writing transitions and making other edits such that the final products reads as a single voice.
- Collaborating with internal and external contributors including team leads, project managers, engineers, construction professionals and finance teams to develop and implement winning competitive proposal strategies.
- Developing new and improving existing proposal templates, ensuring compliance with client requirements with visually appealing elements.
- Developing graphics and other visual aids for proposal and presentation materials. This could also include working with a graphic designer.
- Proactively identifying relevant project references, resumes and corporate information for the team's consideration. Proactively identifying risks associated with proposal development and ensuring resolution.
- Coordinating and leading proposal reviews at all stages of the proposal development, implementing revisions and input from these reviews.
- Completing the production and delivery of proposal materials, including working with printing companies if required.
- post-submittal activities such as presentations, follow-up questions and interviews.
- business case preparation activities to obtain internal project approvals.
- Business Development activities such as developing promotional and marketing materials, market research and opportunities, SharePoint organization, document management, and improving internal processes.
- Implementing organizational system to track historical narratives, graphics, and other proposal data, for use on future proposals.
- Providing general support to Business Development team to increase productivity and success.
What's required to be successful
You will have the following qualifications, experience and behaviours:
- Completion of post-secondary education (Undergraduate Degree, Diploma or Certificate) from a recognized post-secondary educational institute in any of the following areas; fields of marketing, communication, graphic design, business, engineering, or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in marketing or proposal development, preferably in utilities, engineering or construction fields.
- Proven or Demonstrated Experience:
- Reading and analyzing requests for proposals, creating proposal outlines and schedules, coordinating the activities of writers, storyboard development and writing material under tight deadline constraints.
- Writing and developing clear, convincing proposal content that is technically correct and clearly communicates the intent of the proposal.
- With client interaction and communication.
- Preparing presentations with strong visual elements.
- Developing and following internal processes in an office environment.
- Coordinating the proposal process including: evaluating requirements from the RFQ/RFP, developing a proposal schedule, developing themes and key messages, liaising with writers, coordinating and leading staged reviews and producing a finished product (printed and/or electronic).
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft products, specifically, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Highly developed business writing, editing and communication skills.
- Keen writing skills with an attention to detail combined with solid organizational skills and ability to multi-task efficiently.
In addition to the above, as the successful candidate you will have the following:
- That you take ownership: by demonstrating your understanding of the link between your own accountabilities and how they contribute to EPCOR's performance.
- Ability to collaborate with others: you manage emotions and act with tact and diplomacy, even when you find that you are in challenging circumstances.
- Your focus on continuous improvement - actively seeking opportunities to increase your knowledge and skills and demonstrate your openness to receiving feedback.
- Before being asked, you take the initiative to solve problems and meet objectives.
- You respond/adapt to change with an open attitude and a willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work activities and objectives.
- You are trustworthy, fair and able to keep confidences and always act with integrity.
Additionally these are highly desirable assets to have:
- Knowledge and experience with alternative forms of project delivery, including design-build, P3, and DBFOM.
- Knowledge of proposal Colour Team Reviews.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe InDesign.
- Experience in graphic design.
The Proposal Coordinator will have effective verbal and written communication skills including the ability to facilitate discussions among multiple stakeholder groups, to clearly communicate plans and initiatives to all audiences, combined with a critical thinking aptitude. You possess excellent interpersonal skills; are a person who listens well, respects diversity of opinions and has an open, clear and succinct communication style. In addition, you have the ability to work collegially under strict deadline pressure and handle multiple work assignments while maintaining a positive attitude.
Other important facts about this job
Hours of work: 80 hours bi-weekly Monday to Friday
Please note: Candidates selected for an interview may be asked to participate in a practical demonstration of their presentation skills. Please be prepared to provide a portfolio (or samples) of your work.
Learn more about Working at EPCOR!
Follow us on LinkedIn,Â Twitter, GlassdoorÂ or Facebook!
Please note the following information:
- A requirement of working for EPCOR is that you are at least 18 years of age, successfully attained a high school diploma (GED, or equivalent level of secondary education) and legally entitled to work in Canada. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required. Some EPCOR positions require an enhanced level of background assessment, which is dictated by law. These positions require advanced criminal record checks that must also be conducted from time to time after commencement of employment.
- A technical/practical assessment may be administered during the selection process and this exercise will be used as a part of the selection criterion.
- To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required.
For more information, visit EPCOR for Proposal Coordinator