Highlights of the job
We are hiring a Full-Time Permanent, Contract Analyst, working out of Edmonton, AB.
This is an excellent opportunity for a team-oriented individual with excellent negotiation and communication skills to grow their Supply Chain Management career.
As the Contract Analyst, you will be accountable for leading the end-to-end procurement process (from the identification of need through to contract execution and supplier relationship management) within the Corporate Procurement team and providing subject matter expertise to the Business Units. You will achieve compliance with company policies, trade agreements (NWPTA, CETA, CFTA), and procurement best practices.
What you'd be responsible for
- Providing input to the strategic sourcing plans and direction, and ensuring on-going appropriate relationships with other positions.
- Ensuring the delivery of optimal results against appropriate Supply Chain Management performance metrics which includes: meeting customer expectations, cost saving/avoidance, operational effectiveness and efficiency (i.e.: productivity, quality, reliability, on-time delivery of products/services) and employee/customer satisfaction.Â
- Leading the entire procurement process starting with the identification of need through to contract execution and supplier relationship management in accordance with Corporate Services processes and EPCOR policies and external legislation with manager approval.Â
- Managing all aspects of competitive bidding processes (e.g. RFI, RFP, RFQ) following public procurement requirements
- Facilitating negotiations, and serving as the negotiation representative for assigned procurements.
- Preparing contract documents, coordinating award of contracts, and making recommendations to Stakeholders and the Manager on whether to award or not to award contracts.
- Establishing and maintaining supplier relationships and contracts including facilitating contract review sessions between internal customers and suppliers.
- Collecting and analyzing data and working with Business Units to determine the feasibility and advantage of establishing long-term supply contracts for high usage, high dollar volume, regularly purchased products which could more effectively leverage Corporate Services spend under management.
- Advising and making recommendations to Stakeholders with respect to potential procurement risks and the purchase to pay processes.
- Assessing competition and market opportunities/threats and recommending plans to address.
- Developing recommendations to optimize overall cost, delivery and quality for assigned procurement portfolio.
- Assisting in the development and utilization of tools and reporting mechanisms to assist in the efficient execution of the operational objectives of Corporate Services.
- Demonstrating a high performance, disciplined, safe, and accountable manner of working, focused on customer service.
What's required to be successful
- Two-year post-secondary diploma or four-year post-secondary degree in Supply Chain Management or a business related field (Operations Management, Economics, Accounting, Finance, etc.) from a recognized educational institute is required.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in category based buying and negotiating contracts or directly related experience within the field.
- Purchasing Designation (SCMP, C.P.M. or C.P.P.O.) is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in:
- Public procurement processes and awareness of relevant trade agreements
- Negotiating commercial terms and conditions and competitive bidding laws
- The application of risk management tools and skills
- The application of vendor management tools and skills
- Interpreting purchasing policy, processes and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Apply competitive bidding law to develop and administer effective bid documents
- Apply contract law and understanding of contract terms and conditions in order to develop agreements that minimize risk and maximize benefits to EPCOR
- Effectively negotiate with vendors and 3rd parties to create value for the business
- Effectively lead the entire procurement process starting with the identification of need through to contract execution and supplier relationship management.
- Demonstrated proficiency with:
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Oracle or similar Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
- Bids & Tendersâ„¢ or similar web based eProcurement systems
The successful candidate must possess a high level of initiative with the demonstrated ability to be proactive.Â This individual must be, fully engaged in professional work and in the continuous improvement of business practices, recommending and making improvements on an ongoing basis.Â As the successful candidate, you are able to exercise influence when working in a cross-functional team and use highly developed analytical thinking skills to effectively conduct problem analysis, present findings and recommend solutions.Â
In addition, you possess strong verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to present information to a variety of audiences in both formal and informal settings. As our best candidate, you are a team player who shares information and expertise with others to enable them to accomplish group goals. You continually seek opportunities to enhance your personal effectiveness in the procurement and strategic sourcing function and expand your operational understanding while contributing to the knowledge and success of the Procurement team.Â
Other important facts about this job
Wage: Starting at $43.43 per hour; placement based on qualifications, credentials and experience; these rates may change subject to ratification of a new Collective Bargaining Agreement
Hours of work: 75 hours biweekly
Application deadline: September 27, 2021
Learn more about Working at EPCOR!
Follow us onÂ LinkedIn,Â Twitter,Â GlassdoorÂ orÂ Facebook!
Please note the following information:
- A requirement of working for EPCOR is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required. Some EPCOR positions require an enhanced level of background assessment, which is dictated by law. These positions require advanced criminal record checks that must also be conducted from time to time after commencement of employment.
- A technical/practical assessment may be administered during the selection process and this exercise will be used as a part of the selection criterion.
- To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required.