Highlights of the job
We are hiring up to one (1) permanent full-time System Analyst (OpenText Developer) position working out of Edmonton, AB.
Do you have a natural ability to find solutions that tackle real business problems in a dynamic work environment? Do you enjoy working in a team setting and interacting directly with clients, and providing user value?
If so, we're looking for a collaborative and knowledgeable Systems Analyst to support our billing applications area in our Applications Services department. As the System Analyst (OpenText Developer) in this area, you are focused on application maintenance and development of the OpenText as well as SAP ISU on HANA.
This position may be eligible for EPCOR's hybrid work program.
What you'd be responsible for
- Ensuring the delivery of optimal results against appropriate performance metrics.
- Incident Delivery and Responsiveness
- Delivery on Change Request estimations
- Customer Satisfaction Surveys
- System Availability
- Finalizing business requirements with stakeholders and conversion of business requirements to functional and non-functional requirements.
- Functional design, solution walkthrough, configuration and unit testing.
- Facilitating code changes, IST and UAT testing and process documentation.
- Assisting with the completion of Transition to Operations reviews and checklists.
- Evaluating and recommending the development and/or testing tools.Â Coordinating testing and deployment of patches and hotfixes for development and testing tools.
- Monitoring application performance and tracking performance trends including hardware and OS resources.
- Providing expert advice on the OpenText and SAP Print Work Bench to Operational and Project teams as required.
- Working alongside customers and peers to gather requirements, provide feedback, and exchange ideas.
- Communicating and engaging with vendors and external support organizations for information gathering and issue resolution.
What's required to be successful
- A post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Engineering, System Technology, and/or Management Information Systems diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution is required.
- 4+ years of experience working in OpenText modules is required.
- Experience in analyzing, designing, developing, testing, debugging, documenting and implementing customer requirements using OpenText Exstream.
- Understanding of different input, output file formats, and Print file formats (PDF, AFP etc.).
- Demonstrated capability to design, develop and unit test print forms and invoice and correspondence PDFs.
- Expertise in OpenText Communications server administration and Control Center in Linux environment.
- Proficient in Migration and implementation activities.
- Experience with SAP ISU and Print Workbench.
- Good understanding of SAP ISU application and S4/HAHA systems.
- Exposure to ABAP coding and debugging.
As the successful Systems Analyst, you have the ability to react with urgency to troubleshoot critical issues when faced with application availability situations. You effectively communicate with others and demonstrate a collaborative approach in coordinating and working alongside others in a matrix organization. You comfortably translate technical concepts into information that is usable by your audiences. You are a problem solver. You take initiative and possess a calm and positive workstyle when completing your tasks.
Other important facts about this job
Wage: Starting at $48.82 per hour. This rate may change subject to the ratification of a new collective agreement.
Hours of work: 75 hours biweekly
Application deadline:Â January 27, 2023
This position may be eligible for a $1,000 employee referral reward! Ensure you enter "Employee Referral" as the source when you are applying.
EPCOR Employees: Please ensure that you are using your "@epcor.com" email address.
Learn more about Working at EPCOR!
Follow us on LinkedIn,Â Twitter, GlassdoorÂ or Facebook!
Please note the following information:
- A requirement of working for EPCOR is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required. Some EPCOR positions require an enhanced level of background assessment, which is dictated by law. These positions require advanced criminal record checks that must also be conducted from time to time after commencement of employment.
- A technical/practical assessment may be administered during the selection process and this exercise will be used as a part of the selection criterion.
- To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required.