Highlights of the job
We are hiring a full-time permanent Specialist, Security Policy & Audit position working out of Edmonton, AB. The Security Policy and Audit Specialist reports to and works closely with the OT Systems & Security Senior Manager.
As the Security Policy and Audit Specialist, you work with other specialized cross-functional groups and design, document, build, and measure EPCOR Distribution and Transmission, Inc. (EDTI) wide cyber security policies. You provide process expertise, manage and update documentation, and collect/present evidence for EDTI focused aspects of the Alberta Reliability Standards (ARS) Cybersecurity Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Standards regulatory requirements. Additionally, you coordinate EPCOR-wide cyber security requirements to ensure ongoing consistent and accurate evidence collection and presentation to demonstrate compliance.
As a strong communicator and collaborator, you work alongside the OT Security Specialist analyzing highly technical documentation including firewall and SIEM logs, network and infrastructure design documentation, OT/SCADA equipment configuration, and detailed product technical documentation, in order to design, build, and support EDTI's broader cyber security program and relevant controls.
This position may be eligible for our hybrid work program!
What you'd be responsible for
- Providing input to the OT Systems & Security team's plans and directions, and demonstrating ongoing relationships with other positions, as required.
- Ensuring all EDTI OT assets are properly inventoried and categorized by risk, with appropriate policies in place to ensure that systems are configured and monitored to protect EPCOR's operational computing and communications infrastructure from malicious attacks and/or unintended changes.
- Leading a cross-functional group of SMEs, managing and maintaining EPCOR's NERC/ARS CIP policies covering information classification, change management, access management, electronic security perimeter, physical security, malicious software prevention, security testing, ports and services management, patch management, security incident response, disaster recovery, audit evidence collection, and other applicable activities through ongoing and yearly update and review processes.
- Overseeing compliance sustainment and continuous improvement efforts associated with EPCOR's ARS CIP compliance program. Reviewing ARS CIP related incidents for systemic problems and opportunities for process improvements. Reviewing annual ARS self-certifications for evidence completeness.
- On a regular basis, reviewing and updating EDTI's position in EPCOR's cyber security framework documentation, and leading collaboration with SMEs across EDTI.
- Providing specialized technical level SME advice, guidance, and assistance as required, to teams within EDTI and EPCOR on ARS CIP compliance.
- Providing evidence for regulatory, security, and policy audits. Providing accurate and timely responses to audit information requests.
- Providing technical and business analysis, developing business cases and participating in regulatory filings related to cyber security initiatives.
- Assisting in the planning, development, and execution of training programs designed to ensure compliance with ARS CIP and related internal cyber security policies.
- Maintaining awareness of emerging utility industry compliance issues, through benchmarking and participation in appropriate forums/groups. Staying up to date on new versions of NERC and ARS standards and participating in industry consultation. Distributing relevant information to impacted SMEs and providing education as required.
- Developing and maintaining business unit KPIs for cyber security related metrics. Participating in or leading cross-functional teams to design and maintain dashboards to support EDTI's cyber security posture.
- Effectively and clearly communicating highly technical information both verbally and in writing to team members, management, executive, and others.
What's required to be successful
- A degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline
- Related disciplines: Engineering, business administration, management of information systems, etc.
- 5+ years of equivalent experience in IT cyber security or related area and/or 3+ years working specifically in a Critical Infrastructure Protection information security operations or consulting function
- 2+ years of experience with ARS / NERC CIP regulatory requirements
- Working experience with cyber security frameworks (C2M2, NIST CSF, CIS)
- Experience performing assurance work (audits/reviews), and business risk assessments
- Security-related training/certifications are an asset (CISA, CISSP, CISM, CIRSC)
- Proficiency in business writing for the preparation of reports and presentations
- Effective presentation skills, appropriate for senior or executive management levels
- Experience managing and analyzing data from system event logs, SIEM logs, firewall rules, and baseline reporting software
- Security experience including threat identification, kill chain risk analysis, proactive defense, incident response, and development of mitigation strategies is an asset
- Experience with protection and control, automation, telecontrol and SCADA operational technologies is an asset
- Strong reporting and data analysis skillset
- Experience with business and process analysis
Other important facts about this job
Hours of work: 80 hours biweekly
Application deadline: July 18, 2022
EPCOR employees: please ensure that you are using your "@epcor.com" email address.
This position may be eligible for a $2,000 employee referral reward! Ensure you enter Employee Referral as the referral source when you are applying.
Learn more about Working at EPCOR!
Follow us on LinkedIn,Â Twitter, GlassdoorÂ or Facebook!
Please note the following information:
- A requirement of working for EPCOR is that you are at least 18 years of age, successfully attained a high school diploma (GED, or equivalent level of secondary education) and legally entitled to work in Canada. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required. Some EPCOR positions require an enhanced level of background assessment, which is dictated by law. These positions require advanced criminal record checks that must also be conducted from time to time after commencement of employment.
- A technical/practical assessment may be administered during the selection process and this exercise will be used as a part of the selection criterion.
- To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required.
For more information, visit EPCOR for Specialist, Security Policy & Audit