Professor - Nursing & Health Care Programs - AC-F-20-02
|Job Details||View attachment|
|• Bring excitement, enthusiasm and commitment to the College’s Nursing and Healthcare programs (including but not limited to: Practical Nursing, Personal Support Worker, and Collaborative BScN programs);|
• Design/develop and deliver courses, labs and clinical placements related to nursing;
• Engage students in the classroom, distance learning, lab and clinical environment, ensuring learner awareness of curriculum, their academic progression and evaluation of learning;
• Utilize alternate delivery methods such as video conferencing;
• Coordinating and/or strategic planning responsibilities;
• Provide an environment that makes effective use of available resources based on the cooperative learning theory while incorporating a variety of teaching and learning strategies to meet various learning styles;
• Evaluate student progress and achievement using a variety of evaluative tools;
• Actively contribute to and care about our student success;
• Participate in learning resources selection;
• Participate in and contribute to special events, consultative committees and program and course curriculum design and revision;
• Assist, advise, coach and mentor students with course choices, career possibilities and opportunities to continue their education at the advanced degree level;
• Prepare and participate in program accreditation;
• Actively participate as a team member in departmental functions, initiatives and committee work; and
• Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
|Start Date||August 2020|
|Salary||As Per Collective Agreement|
|Education Requirements||Candidates must possess the following:|
• At least one graduate degree in Nursing (Masters or higher);
• Registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
The preferred candidate will have:
• Doctoral degree (or are in the process of completing a Doctoral program) is an asset;
• Teaching or training experience, in both stand-up delivery and distributed learning, at the college, university or corporate level;
Additional experience in some of the following areas would be an asset:
• Alternate delivery strategies, student success strategies, academic advising, adult learning theories, culturally competent teaching strategies, and educational applications of computer technologies.
• Preparing for and participating in program accreditation.
|Experience||Candidates must possess the following:|
• A minimum of seven years of current, active and progressively responsible nursing experience in general nursing and specialty areas including Medical, Surgical, and Health Assessment. Consideration may be given to Mental Health/Concurrent Disorders, Gerontology, and Adult Health and Community Health;
• Significant demonstrated knowledge and experience working with Indigenous people and communities; and
• A commitment to education equity to teach diverse student populations and work with colleagues or clients from various backgrounds.
The preferred candidate will have:
• Active acute care experience;
• Experience in a leadership/management role;
• The ability to maintain and develop community, industry and government contacts;
• A current professional affiliation;
• Proven ability to excel in a team environment and a demonstrated commitment to life-long learning; and
• Curriculum and program development experience is desirable, including innovative classroom presentation techniques.
|Work Settings||Post secondary institution|
|How To Apply||Please click Apply Now apply for this position.|