|Capital Power (TSX: CPX) is dedicated to delivering Responsible Energy for Tomorrow. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, we’re a growth-oriented North American power producer that creates dependable, cost-effective and innovative electricity solutions to power a sustainable future. |
As a group of experts and innovators in our field, we’re taking a leadership role in developing renewables, improving thermal generation efficiency and supporting the development of carbon capture, utilization and storage (CCUS) solutions to support a low-carbon energy system.
Join us in powering a clean energy future!
One Permanent, Full-Time Position.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Purchasing, the Facilities Manager is responsible for owning the day-to-day operations of the Capital Power Office – EPCOR Tower, along with; maintenance and operations, contract services; budget and forecast reporting, collaborating with contractors and with the building management, and identifying the requirements for the purchase of equipment and office supplies. The ideal candidate will be able to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks, and consistently make effective, high quality decisions.
Key accountabilities include:
- Plays a key role in monitoring and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Works with Senior Manager, Purchasing to ensure the budgetary targets for capital and operating are met.
- Reviews agreements and evaluates cost effectiveness.
- Collaborates with service contractors at the EPCOR Tower location to ensure a high quality of service.
- Manages the maintenance of existing contracts and reviews invoices.
- Responsible for maintaining the appearance of the office, office services support and building management.
- Collaborates with department managers for the development and implementation of corporate facilities policies.
- Supervises personnel both in house and contractors.
- Works with business units to plan and facilitate office restructuring, space planning and evaluation of storage needs.
- Works closely with internal and external housekeeping services to resolve inconsistencies and challenges.
- Ensures that work performed by contractors is well-planned, properly scheduled and monitored.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
|Education Requirements||- Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree in Supply Chain, Finance, or other equivalent field of study. |
- Facilities Management Certificate (FMC) or equivalent would be considered an asset.
|Experience||- 3 to 5 years’ experience in facilities management.|
- Experience with managing multiple vendors and small capital projects.
|Additional Skills||- Maintains effective working relationships with corporate shared services groups.|
- Ability to plan and manage within budget and time constraints.
- Mechanical and hands-on experience related to office furnishing and appliances.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask and determine work plans for staff.
- Excels in customer service and demonstrates ability in People Management, communication, and client relationship skills.
- Proven organizational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Valid AB Driver’s license and a vehicle.
|Other||In order to be considered for this role you must be legally eligible to work in Canada.|
We’re committed to providing a meaningful work experience that challenges you to be your best at every stage of your career with us. You will be empowered to take on opportunities you never thought you would.
We offer a highly flexible benefits and wellness program, comprehensive onboarding and training, and various development opportunities to support your success and personal growth.
We’re passionate about our employees and proud to foster a culture that values diversity; realizing an inclusive and diverse team is paramount to help grow our company and power the future. We’re proud to foster an environment where employees go home safe every day feeling physically, emotionally and financially supported.
|How To Apply||Capital Power only accepts resumes via online application by clicking Apply Now! If you choose to submit your resume by any other means, we cannot guarantee that your application will be considered for vacancies.|
Thank you for taking the time to apply and expressing interest in Capital Power. We wish that we could personally respond to everyone who applies; however, it is our practice to contact only those individuals selected for interviews.
Capital Power is committed to providing a fair and transparent hiring process. We recognize and embrace the value of diversity and hire employees with the appropriate skills, experience and knowledge for each position.