Registered Early Childhood Educator
|Company||Native Child And Family Services Of Toronto|
|Native Child and Family Services of Toronto is an Aboriginal, community controlled multi-service agency. Our mission is to provide support, ensure safety and enhance the quality of life for Aboriginal families, children, and youth within the greater Toronto area. Our agency works within a holistic framework, which builds on individual and family strengths, and engages clients as partners in identifying issues and their solutions.|
Classification: Contract Full-Time
Hours: 35 hrs/wk.
Location: 156 Galloway Road
NCFST is committed to staffing a workforce representative of the Aboriginal population we serve. We encourage First Nations, Metis and Inuit applicants to apply and to please self-identify in their cover letter.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Early Years, the Registered Early Childhood Educator is responsible for:
· Developing and implementing early learning programs for children ranging from 0 to 6 years of age.
· Following/Implementing an emergent curriculum incorporating ELECT framework and Aboriginal framework.
· Delivering early learning services to parents and children, such as literacy and interactive learning activities, to help ensure that children are ready to learn and to make it easier for them to transition to school.
· Planning, developing and implementing programs that contain stimulating activities for preschool/kindergarten children, including field trips.
· Promoting physical, social, emotional and intellectual well-being in all activities.
· Providing support to children in their daily routines.
· Providing supportive service to families and their children.
· Maintaining accurate reporting, statistical data and documentation of children’s development and interactions.
· Communicating daily with colleagues and parents.
· Building positive relationships with children, families and colleagues.
· Assisting with classroom housekeeping.
· Completing general administrative tasks, such as playground inspections, fire drills and health and sanitizing reports.
· Ensuring that the legislated health and safety standards are maintained at all times.
· Representing NCFST throughout the Toronto Early Years Network.
· Making oneself available for location reassignment to any NCFST Early Learning Program within the GTA.
What we are looking for:
· A Diploma in Early Childhood Education and in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators.
· Current Vulnerable Sector Screening - Police Reference Check and a willingness to obtain a new one upon hire.
· Up to date immunizations.
· Current Infant/Child CPR and Standard First Aid Certificate.
· Knowledge of Early Learning Framework, provincial and municipal policies.
· Knowledge/understanding of the unique dynamics that exist within First Nations, Inuit, and Métis cultures.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; organizational skills; initiative and respect for confidentiality.
· Demonstrated understanding and commitment to integrating the Native Child and Family Services of Toronto Mission and values in to practice, service and relationships.
· Demonstrated understanding of workplace health and safety practices and understanding of an employee’s responsibility under current legislation.
· Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, to maintain effective communication and working relationships, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills, tact, sensitivity and build strong internal relationships.
|How To Apply||Click Apply Now!|
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please apply on our website: www.nativechild.org on or before July 30, 2021.
We are committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, NCFST will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.