Senior Manager - Controls And Compliance R190019588
|Company||BMO Financial Group|
|Thank you for your interest in BMO Financial Group. We are currently working towards providing a better candidate experience by including all of our job descriptions in both English and French. In the meantime, if this role is located in Quebec and/or New Brunswick please reference the French job description available below the English version. Otherwise please see the job description below in English as per federal language requirements.|
Nous vous remercions pour votre intérêt à l'égard de BMO Groupe financier. Nous travaillons actuellement à offrir une meilleure expérience aux candidats en publiant toutes nos descriptions de poste en français et en anglais. Entre-temps, si ce poste est affiché au Québec ou au Nouveau-Brunswick, veuillez consulter la description de poste en français disponible sous la version anglaise. Autrement, veuillez consulter la description de poste ci-dessous en anglais, conformément aux exigences fédérales en matière de langues.
In this role, the Senior Manager Audit & Compliance will support the effective management of audit, compliance & risk, including operational and compliance risk and management of the attestation/reporting process specific to the CIO line of business.
You will also provide strategic counsel on community/industry events and direct and coordinate the logistics of these events.
• Manages people and leads a team (direct or indirect) capable of managing the desired business results.
• Provides strategic input into business decisions on operational IT risk as a trusted advisor.
• Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations, policy and procedures
• Represents and/or coordinates representation of the business / group during internal and external audits and/or examinations.
• Manages the review and sign-off process for relevant regulatory reporting.
• Measures the strength and effectiveness of governance system and framework.
• Ensures Business Continuity Planning / DR compliance with internal / external regulatory policies and guidelines.
• Ensures access management and other controls are effectively managed;
• Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
• Is a trusted advisor on assessment of delivery risks and issues
• Monitors and tracks performance, commitments and addresses any issues.
• Provides input into the planning & implementation of operational programs.
• Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
• Develops and manages comprehensive audit and compliance management systems; designs and/or leads initiatives to improve processes, analysis and reporting.
• Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
• Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service.
• May network with industry contacts to gain competitive insights and best practices.
• Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
• Typically 7+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
• Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
• Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
• Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
|Languages||See Job Description|
|How To Apply||To submit your application for this job, please go to:|
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.