|Job Category||Information Technology|
|1. Prepare and deliver lessons, lectures, demonstrations, and field trips with software such as ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS for Desktop - ArcMap, ArcGIS Online, Survey123, Field Maps, AutoCAD 3D, ArcGIS Notebooks, ArcSDE - Enterprise, ArcGIS Data Interoperability, 3D Analyst, Spatial Analyst, Google Earth Pro, & Brightspace LMS. Programming in Python, SQL, Arcade and FME would be beneficial. Remote Sensing & Lidar skills must include technical competence with remote imagery analysis, data input, data integration, data management and quality control and spatial analysis techniques and map production to professional cartographic standards. Drone2Map or Drone experience is preferred. |
2. Supervising students in classroom, laboratory, and field settings
3. Evaluating students using examinations, assignments, observations of field skills and recording progress.
4. Selecting, designing, updating, and constructing training aids.
5. Counselling students with respect to educational and employment opportunities.
6. Attend meetings, seminars, workshops, etc, to keep current with industry and educational requirements.
7. Assist in/arrange for applied research projects with industry partners.
|Credentials||GIS Professional designation or the ability to obtain GISP designation in 2 years.|
|Education Requirements||University Degree with specialization in GIS, Geography, Remote Sensing, or Cartography and/or a recognized Technical Diploma in GIS or a related discipline.|
|Essential Skills||Effective communication skills (written and oral)|
Effective interpersonal skills
Ability to function as a team member in an ever-changing environment.
Demonstrated competence and recent experience in the use of the internet, e-mail, MS Office Suite software and the ability to learn and adapt to changing technology
Effective instructional ability
Demonstrates valuing diversity
|Experience||Two years' recent/relevant experience applying Information Technology in natural resource management|
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now"|