|Company||Toronto Community Housing Corporation|
|Important Note: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply to this opportunity from the careers section on the Toronto Community Housing website: www.torontohousing.ca.|
About Toronto Community Housing Corporation
Toronto Community Housing Corporation (“TCHC”) is the largest social housing provider in Canada and the second largest in North America. We are wholly owned by the City of Toronto and operate in a non-profit manner. TCHC has 2,100 buildings in more than 100 city neighbourhoods. We are an essential part of the City of Toronto's fabric and social system.
TCHC provides homes to nearly 60,000 low and moderate-income households. Our 110,000 tenants come from many different backgrounds with a diversity in age, education, language, mental and physical ability, religion, ethnicity and race. Our nearly 2,000 employees work to achieve our vision of quality homes in vibrant communities where people are proud to live and work.
We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and strive to create a diverse workplace that reflects the cultural mosaic of our great city and the communities we serve. We recognize the value that comes from different viewpoints, unique experiences and diverse perspectives of our employees, who bring fresh, new ideas to our business. Diversity plays a key role in our ability to deliver on our mission to provide clean, safe, well-maintained, affordable homes for tenants.
Make a difference
The General Manager is responsible for the complete tenant experience in their region overseeing the day to day operations of the Regional Hub, from both a property management and tenant (community) well-being perspective. The General Manager will provide leadership and support to the Managers of TCHC’s four pillars of service: cleaning, maintenance, tenancy management and community support.
This is your opportunity to bring your values around creating better homes, better neighbourhoods and a better Toronto to our organization.
What you’ll do
• Report to the Chief Operating Officer (COO)
• Work with different corporate services, including the Tenant Resolutions Office and front line services to ensure a community focus for all tenant and property programs, policies and processes
• Develop meaningful and lasting relationships with key stakeholders and partners, to ensure all needs of tenants within the community are met
• Oversee activities to ensure the safety and well-being of all tenants, and support tenants with resources to maintain healthy, safe, and engaged communities
• Oversee budget and staffing to meet quality service indicators and business metrics in the four service pillars
What you’ll need
• University Degree/college diploma in Social Work, Business, Public Policy or Social Sciences or an appropriate combination of experience and education
• Experience in the non for profit, social services or public sector
• At least seven years of experience in property/facilities management, preferably with some experience in housing individuals with vulnerabilities
• Ability to think strategically and develop creative solutions for challenges facing the organization and public sector industry
• Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders and build relationships
• Work collaboratively with others to guide a diverse team in an inclusive environment
• Ability to work through and communicate TCHC’s mandate and objectives from a business perspective
Once you apply, we’ll review your resume and contact you if we believe your skills and experience will make you successful in the role. If you are selected to move forward, the process may include an interview, written/practical test, and reference check.
IMPORTANT NOTE: First round interviews are scheduled for November 25 to 29 and second round interviews are scheduled for December 2 to 6, 2019. Candidates who are selected for these interviews must be available during these dates otherwise they will no longer be considered for this opportunity.
In addition to a competitive salary and a rewarding career where you can truly make a difference, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that meets the various needs of our diverse employees, including:
• Three weeks paid vacation and two personal days
• Defined Benefit Pension Plan
• Health and Dental Benefits including Healthcare Spending Account
• Employee Assistance Plan
• Maternity and Parental Leave Top Up
• Fitness Membership discount
• Annual Tuition Reimbursement
Accessibility for Applicants
Toronto Community Housing is committed to equity in employment. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free workplace that reflects the communities we serve.
We will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities at all stages of the hiring process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and Toronto Community Housing’s Accessibility Policy.
If you are a person with a disability and need the job posting in an alternative format or any other accessible accommodations during the hiring process, please email your request to our Human Resources department at email@example.com or call our accessible accommodations line at 416-981-4119. Please refer to the job requisition number when you contact us.
|Salary||$120,160.75 - $150,193.25 (Hiring Range: $120,160.75 - $180,236.00)|
|How To Apply||Interested applicants are encouraged to apply to this opportunity from the careers section on the Toronto Community Housing website: www.torontohousing.ca.|