|Company||BC Public Service|
|Job Category||Public Administration|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|Ministry of Forests: Powell River|
Applicants who do not fully meet the required qualifications may be considered for this position, but at a lower classification.
BC Timber Sales (BCTS) manages about 20 per cent of the province's allowable annual cut for Crown timber, generating economic prosperity for British Columbians through the safe, sustainable development and auction of Crown timber. BCTS operates in 33 communities and directly supports over 8,000 jobs across B.C.
To find out more about our program check out the BCTS website.
As a Planning Forester, you will analyze and produce a wide range of data to develop integrated resource and operational plans, primarily the Forest Stewardship Plan (FSP) and operating plans. You will develop and implement results and strategies to meet the FSP and ensure planning components meet legislative, operating, and certification requirements. You will also provide functional direction to field team professionals and technicians with expertise in timber development, harvesting, engineering and silviculture. In addition, you will build and maintain relationships with representatives from Indigenous Peoples, resource stakeholders, Ministry and industry contacts.
Qualifications for this role include:
- A Registered Professional Forester (RPF) or be eligible for registration as an RPF with the Association of BC Forest Professionals (ABCFP) and two years of experience in operational field forestry activities.
- Operational field forestry activities include the following:
- Timber harvesting monitoring/conformance
- Cut-block development
- Forest road engineering
- Timber tenure development and administration
- Planning integrated resource management
- Must possess at minimum a valid Class 5 B.C. Driver's License that does not limit or restrict the ability to conduct the duties of the job.
|Salary||$61,182.54 - $77,067.27 annually|
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now" For more information and to apply online by September 5, 2022|