|Company||BC Public Service|
|Job Category||Resource Sector|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|Ministry of Forests|
BC Timber Sales (BCTS) manages about 20 per cent of the province's allowable annual cut for Crown timber, generating economic prosperity for British Columbians through the safe, sustainable development and auction of Crown timber. The goal of BCTS is to provide credible representative price and cost benchmark data for the market pricing system through auctions of timber harvested from public land in BC.
The Practices Forester is accountable for performing a wide variety of professional services including operational planning, cut block and forest road layout and development, planning and evaluating silviculture activities, and ensuring compliance with the Forest Stewardship Plan. The range of duties assigned to a particular Practices Forester will vary from Business Area to Business Area due to the geographic location, apportionment and management requirements. Supporting the Chilliwack field team, the Practices Forester will be responsible for harvest planning, development of cut-blocks and required assessments and preparation of timber tenures and administration.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca)
Qualifications for this role include:
- A Registered Professional Forester (RPF) or be eligible for registration as an RPF with the Association of BC Forest Professionals (ABCFP) and two years of experience in operational field forestry activities.
- Operational field forestry activities include the following:
- Timber harvesting monitoring/conformance
- Cut-block development
- Forest road engineering
- Timber tenure development and administration
- Planning integrated resource management
- Must possess at minimum a valid Class 5 BC Driver's License that does not limit or restrict the ability to conduct the duties of the job.
|Salary||$61,182.54 - $77,067.27 per year|
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now" For more information and to apply online by September 11, 2022|