Employment Coach (Career Counsellor)
|Job Category||Social Services|
|Agilec is looking for tech-savvy, self-directed team members to join our national project delivering Career Transition Services, funded by Veterans Affairs Canada.|
As an Employment Coach, you will be working with our Career Transition Services (CTS) team assisting Canadian Armed Forces Members, Veterans, and their families. Working in accordance with our values and set performance targets, the Employment Coach helps candidates with career counselling, job-finding, education planning and support to access the Education and Training Benefit.
- Providing coaching and support across Canada for the development of a career and/or education plan to both Veterans, eligible family members, as well as active Canadian Armed Forces Members
- Interacting with candidates in a virtual environment via webcam and/or phone
- Providing labour market information services, online resources and instruction modules, one-on-one career counselling and/or education counselling
- Making referrals to other organizations
- Providing job finding assistance
- Providing support once employment has started
- Bilingual (French/English fluent)
- Minimum 12 month's experience in employment counselling
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent Military experience: Canadian Armed Forces military experience as a Base Personnel Selection Officer or working in a Canadian Armed Forces Recruiting Centre or related personnel selection based military work environment
- Possesses or eligible to obtain one of the following designations: CVRP, CCC, or CCDP designation or Psychoeducator (Ps.Ed) registered with Ordre des psychoeducateurs et psychoeducatrices du Quebec; or Career Counsellors registered with the Ordre des conseillers et conseilleres d'orientation du Quebec
- Able to obtain and maintain Canadian Industrial Security Directorate of Public Service and Procurement Canada Reliability Status
- Military or veteran-centric experience is a strong asset
Hours: Variety of shifts Monday to Friday 6:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST. Flexibility required.
We offer our team members attractive compensation, employee and group benefits, training and career development opportunities, and value-added perks.*
*Eligibility to receive some benefits may vary according to employment status
Agilec welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We are committed to providing an accessible, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. When contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise us if you require accommodation in any part of the selection process.
|Work Settings||Remote work from home opportunity|
Strong Internet connection required
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now"|