Director Of The School Of Social Work/Associate Professor Of Social Work
|Company||Booth University College|
|The School of Social Work, Booth University College invites applications from highly qualified candidates for the role of Director of the School of Social Work. This is a tenure-track appointment at the Associate Professor level. The appointment will commence on January 1, 2024, or a mutually agreeable start day. Our social work program is a well-respected and sought-after program in the province of Manitoba. The Bachelor of Social Work program is available in a four-year degree program and a two-year after-degree program, with a strong emphasis on clinical skills. Our faculty have tremendous social work practice and teaching experience, which helps our graduates stand out wherever they practice. We are an approved program of the Manitoba College of Social Workers (MCSW) for registration in the province of Manitoba. BSW graduates who register with the MCSW are eligible to take the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) licensing examination. In 2023, our program was recognized as having one of the highest rates of passing in Canada.|
The Director of the School of Social Work/Associate Professor of Social Work provides administrative leadership to the School of Social Work and oversees academic/accreditation program reviews, while teaching across the Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) generalist curriculum. The Director provides leadership and mentorship to faculty that nurtures a culture of research and scholarship excellence. In alignment with Booth UC's commitment to education for a better world, the Social Work program is committed to values of social justice, including anti-oppression, anti-racism, and reconciliation. The successful candidate will model these principles and create an environment that is critically reflexive and inclusive for students and faculty, and the communities we serve.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB/ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administration - Administrative duties include academic leadership and accreditation program reviews. The field practica program and Coordinator are supervised by the Director.
- Teaching - Faculty teaching responsibilities normally include six three credit hour courses per year. Courses range from the introductory level to advanced seminars. Faculty at Booth University College are also responsible for all academic advising. The faculty member will provide supervision to a group of students in the field education practica.
- Service - The successful candidate will serve on faculty and University College committees, participate in the life of the University College and act as an academic advisor for students.
- Research - Faculty responsibilities also include scholarly activities of research and publication connected to the candidate's expertise in social work practice.
|Start Date||January 1, 2024|
|Experience||All applicants must possess a minimum requirement of a doctorate in Social Work; a combination of equivalent credential and experience will be considered. Candidates should possess a minimum of 5 years of experience in Social Work with an equivalent experience of 5 years in post-secondary teaching. A satisfactory Criminal Record Check certificate must be provided. The successful candidate must have an active Christian faith and a commitment to the integration of faith and learning in a Christian university-level setting and must be registered or eligible for registration with the Manitoba College of Social Workers.|
|How To Apply||Click Apply Now!|
Application materials should include:
- curriculum vitae,
- statement of teaching philosophy, professional qualifications, professional engagement, and management experience,
- significant contributions to the field of social work, memberships and/or positions of responsibility in local/national/international bodies related to the field,
- statement on how your faith commitment would contribute to both teaching and scholarship at Booth UC,
- names and contact information for three references and
- evidence of effective teaching (if available).
Please submit the above in confidence to the Human Resources Generalist; Booth University College by email: BoothUC.Careers@boothuc.ca.