Branch Manager - The Pas, MB Requisition ID: 136320
Our branch is operated on Opaskwayak Cree Nation lands, in their Otineka Shopping Mall. Come work in this progressive Indigenous community!
The ability to inspire, lead and develop a diverse sales and service team is just one aspect of a successful Branch Manager; it also takes an imbedded belief in providing a customer focused service. Due to promotions and transfers we are looking for leaders who model our approach to meet customer needs and business objectives.
Our Branch Managers provide direction, guidance and support to team members while simultaneously being responsible for the overall success of the Branch through individual and team financial objectives. Through strong sales, profitable growth, and retention of the Branch's retail and small business portfolio it is the successful candidates role to ensure the Branch is providing services that are aligned with our customer-focused culture.
1. Inspiring, leading and developing a diverse sales and service team by embracing and championing change management initiatives
- Providing direction, guidance and support to team members, resolving issues and facilitating collaboration with Branch partners
- Planning and leading Branch leadership activities in accordance with the Branch Management Disciplines
2. Managing Branch workloads, including the assignment of customer relationships
- Recruiting, hiring and promoting team members in accordance with standard Bank policies
- Ensuring that all employees and activities are aligned to be customer-focused
- Demonstrating and modelling the expected service standards during customer interactions
- Reviewing recorded customer concerns and resolving escalated concerns and issues
- Ensuring the Branch presents a professional image according to Bank and brand care requirements
3. Establishing individual and overall branch goals with the District Vice-President
- Motivating and focusing the efforts of supervisory and non-supervisory direct reports to ensure consistent delivery of branch goals and objectives
- Analyzing the local market area including the competition
- Maintaining a business profile within the community
- Escalating issues/obstacles/trends to District Vice-President and/or applicable Shared Services department, as appropriate with recommendations/solutions
4. Oversee the implementation of the Bank's policies, practices, special initiatives and procedures by:
- Ensuring workflows and organization plans are efficient and effective
- Ensuring that daily and periodic management controls are in place
- Ensuring all regulatory compliance and ongoing product knowledge and training associated with each employee's
- Ensure Branch is compliant according to Operational Excellence guidelines
5. Manage and minimize the Bank's exposure to risk by:
- Executing duties of Branch Compliance Officer for the sale of Mutual Funds or providing supervisory oversight of their execution,
- Ensuring branch compliance with Mutual Fund Dealers Association (MFDA) rules and regulations, as well as Scotia Securities Inc (SSI) guidelines/processes
- Ensuring Branch compliance with regulatory activities and guidelines including Privacy, Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing, Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC), Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), Know Your Customer (KYC), Canadian Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC), Occupational Health & Safety (OHS)
- Providing supervisory oversight and direction to assigned compliance officers and alternate compliance officers
- Complete periodic monitoring activities as required, confirming compliance with bank policies and effective risk management is in place
- Ensuring strict adherence to Bank security procedures, including assigned authorities and limits
- Escalating fraudulent activities, unusual occurrences, issues/deficiencies/trends to the District Vice- President and/or Chief Compliance Officers and/or applicable Shared Services Department as appropriate
- Adhering to cash, custody and security procedures and policies at all times
- Effective sales management and leadership skills are essential, along with the ability to influence and motivate others. Must set a positive example of change and encourage others to do the same.
- A thorough understanding of Retail and Small Business products and services is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential in addition to strong presentation and facilitation abilities.
In particular, the following functional competencies are the minimum expected requirements:
- Expert knowledge of sales and service management activities and techniques, including execution of the Branch Management
- Licensed to sell mutual funds
- Satisfy education requirements to act as Branch Compliance Officer
- Successful completion of the CIFP Diploma in Financial Planning (or Bank Recognized equivalent)
- Completion of supported Continuing Education courses and activities
- Demonstrated knowledge of the marketplace in which the branch operates;
- Thorough knowledge of Retail and Small Business products and services, including a working knowledge of systems, routines and operating procedures;
- In depth knowledge of credit risk/adjudication policies and processes;
- Proven experience with people and performance management techniques;
- Regulatory compliance training related to Privacy, Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing, FCAC, FATCA,
- Trained in Mutual Funds Compliance Officer responsibilities, processes and guidelines
- Prior experience managing Branch routines and operating procedures
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now"|