|Company||Ministry Of Citizens’ Services|
|Job Category||Public Administration|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|Ministry of Citizens’ Services|
$72,724.97 - $83,014.85 annually
The Real Property Division, within the Ministry of Citizens’ Services, provides everything needed to manage the Province’s real estate portfolio, office space, furniture, and special-purpose facilities.
The Strategic Real Estate Services Branch mandate is to provide oversight on the sale of government-owned real estate under the Surplus Properties Program including providing expertise in consultation and negotiation with Indigenous groups regarding the disposition of Crown Land. In September 2017, SRES added a focus on leveraging existing government assets and acquisition of real estate to support social outcomes and long-term real estate needs of the province.
In this role, you will be instrumental in building relationships and consulting with First Nations across the Province to negotiate agreements, including formulating negotiation strategies, and leading these consultations. Your role includes identifying issues and areas of potential conflict between First Nations and the Province and advising the Manager on mitigation strategies. As a skilled negotiator, you will facilitate discussions with Indigenous communities regarding potential economic opportunities and negotiate funding agreements and contracts. As a subject matter expert, you will be providing advice to management on major land sales of surplus Crown land and preparing presentations and Briefing Notes to support Executive decision-making.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For advice and guidance on applying and/or preparing for an interview for this opportunity, we invite applicants to connect with the Indigenous Applicant Advisor Amanda by email: IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca or by phone: 778-698-1336.
Qualifications for this role include:
• Degree in Business, Public Administration, History, Anthropology or related field and a minimum of 1 year related experience.
• Diploma in Business, Public Administration, History, Anthropology or related field and a minimum of 3 years related experience.
• Secondary school graduation and a minimum of 5 years related experience.
• An equivalent combination of education and related experience.
Related experience must include all of the following:
• Experience in conducting complex research and analyses related to land use, resource management, social or economic development issues.
• Experience in policy development or program development and delivery.
• Experience in managing multiple projects and assignments.
|How To Apply||For more information and to apply online by August 16, 2021, please click Apply Now!|