Human Resource Manager
|Company||Chippewas Of The Thames First Nation Board Of Education|
|Job Category||Human Resources|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|Chippewas of the Thames First Nation Board of Education is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the role of Human Resources Manager. Chippewas of the Thames First Nation is an Ojibwe Community of nearly 2500 members located along the Thames River and approximately 25 km southwest of London, Ontario.|
POSTION: Human Resources Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Administrator & Director of Lifelong Learning
WORK HOURS: Monday to Friday (8:30 to 4:30)
SALARY: Dependent upon experience.
The Human Resources Manager will provide human resource services and advice to the Chippewas of the Thames First Nation employees.
QUALIFICATION & ABILITIES:
Must have CHRP designation.
Must have a minimum of five years HR Management experience.
Must have excellent oral, written, facilitation, mediation, negotiation, and interpersonal communication skills.
Must exhibit a high level of confidentiality and trust.
Excellent time management, database management and organizational skills.
Must be computer literate.
- Act as a first point of contact for employees, answering all general HR inquires and concerns.
- Develops and implement approved human resources policies and procedures relating to all level of the organization.
- Provide advice on Human Resource policy, monitor activities and if required initiative corrective active.
- Assists in the performance planning, managing, and reviewing of staff, including identifying performance goals, achievements, training, and documenting of reviews for personnel files.
- Recommend and amend the current HR Policy, in collaboration with administration.
- Assists and recommend in the development of policies for HR management for the organization.
- Create and update employee records in human resource information system related to position, compensation, absence, transfer, sick leave, benefits, termination, and retirement.
- Meet regular system deadlines for data entry.
- Notify supervisors and employees regarding deficit accounts for vacation and sick leave and take necessary action, including preparing memos, letters and pay deductions.
- Respond to inquiries from employees and the public regarding recruitment and selection processes
- Verify details, create job postings, and employment contracts.
- Make all arrangements to advertise postings through electronic and print media.
- Full-cycle recruitment.
- Proctor and mark applicant skills assessments.
- Prepare interview materials and new employee packages.
- Onboarding and training of new employees.
- Contact police services and prepare forms as required to facilitate police record checks for applicants.
- Prepare forms, correspondence and documents related to staffing processes and collective agreement administration.
- Organize interview sessions as required.
- Audit work assignments accepted by temporary employees and follow-up as necessary to maximize filled vacancies.
- Complete reference checks for employees as requested.
- Arrange rooms for interviews, testing and documentation sessions.
- Disciplinary duties (may also include performance plans/management), potentially workplace investigations.
- Assist in annual employee reviews/evaluations.
- Assist in WSIB submissions, Health and Safety, Long-Term Disability claims, benefits/pension administration.
Interacts with clients, staff, visitors, and government agencies/personnel.
Overtime as required.
Full job description available upon request.
Application deadline: August 30th, 2022 at 4:00pm
|Salary||Dependent Upon Experience|
|How To Apply||Please forward a current resume with a photocopy of qualifications, two work-related and one personal reference. A recent policy check, including the vulnerable sector, will be required once a candidate is selected.|
Chantal Fisher, Education Administrative Assistant
Chippewas Of The Thames First Nation Board Of Education
324 Chippewa Rd, Muncey ON N0L 1Y0
We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants shortlisted will be contacted. If you do not hear from us about this position, please accept our sincere appreciation for your interest in our organization.