|Company||Urban Systems Ltd.|
|Location||Fort St. John|
|About the Opportunity|
Our growing Peace practice is looking to add a capable and enthusiastic Engineer-in-Training (EIT) to our team in either Fort St. John or Dawson Creek. Civil engineering is an integral part of our practice at Urban Systems. Are you keen to benefit from the support of industry professionals while working on exciting and inspiring projects that make a visible difference in many communities? Assisting in the planning, design and consultation on several projects, you will be given as much freedom and responsibility as you are able to handle. In addition to the learning and project experience, you can:
• Hone your civil engineering skills, apply theory and provide workable solutions for infrastructure design and planning including roadways, water, sanitary, drainage, and housing
• Building relationships and act as the clients' representative on-site during construction to gather information, conduct inspections, and ensure that designs are built to specifications
• Exploring creative and sustainable solutions together with our clients to build vibrant communities
• Provide accurate and timely input on technical reports, plans, studies, proposals, and presentations
This opportunity is well suited to recent graduates from a civil or environmental engineering degree program with up to 2 years of experience and are eligible for registration with EGBC. The following attributes would be considered beneficial to this role:
• You have a keen interest in pursuing a career in civil engineering working with local municipalities and Indigenous communities in British Columbia and Alberta.
• You take initiative, are a problem solver and continually deliver consistent, high-quality work
• You listen to others and enjoy collaborating with people of varying backgrounds and perspectives
• You hold a valid class 5 drivers’ license
|Work Settings||About Us|
We are an employee-owned inter-disciplinary community consulting firm with deep Canadian roots. We are united in our mission to transform communities everywhere into vibrant places where people want to live today, tomorrow, and forever.
At Urban Systems, vibrant communities are everything—including our own work community. Since 1975, we have grown to more than 500 people with 15 offices across Canada. Every day, our team works closely with our clients and their communities to deliver impactful work. We are proud to work with diverse clients including Indigenous communities, all levels of government, commercial and residential land developers, and the natural resource sector.
We care for our communities and for our people. It’s our differences that make us exciting, and our shared belief in Urban Systems that binds us together.
|How To Apply||If this describes your background, your skills, and your attributes, please check out our website for more information and submit your resume and cover letter.|
Urban Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive culture for all employees. Our clients come from all walks of life and so do you. We believe that diversity and unity among our teams leads to building vibrant communities.
Deadline for applications: December 2, 2021 at 9:00 am PST.