|Company||Canada Mortgage And Housing Corporation (CMHC)|
|Sector: Finance |
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): CBC, ZZZ
Salary Range: $41374.65 to $51718.31
Position Status: Temporary Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
This position reports to the Accounting team in our Office of the Chief Financial Officer sector. This sector uses financial foresight and legal insight to improve housing affordability.
We are currently accepting applications for two one-year contract positions, (1) designated English and (1) designated bilingual (CBC).
As a member of the finance team, you will provide guidance and direction to staff on financial processes related to accounts payable. You will also be assisting the team in maintaining effective financial controls, financial accounting and financial reporting with respect to disbursements and remittance processing.
This position is based in Ottawa.
What you will need
• A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
• Post-secondary education with an accounting or finance concentration and one year experience in accounting-related positions with increasing responsibilities OR an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
• University degree or certificate in accounting would be considered an asset.
• Demonstrated work experience in processing accounts payable transactions.
• Demonstrated experience in applying corporate financial policies, practices and procedures.
• Experience with Dynamics and the Microsoft suite.
• Bookkeeping experience would be considered an asset.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, enabling the balance of workloads and the prioritization of requests to meet deadlines.
• Strong attention to detail and good client service.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve common goals.
• Good knowledge of accepted accounting principles.
What you will be doing
• Ensuring accurate and efficient disbursement services for all payments, and ensuring the accuracy of coding, amounts and other transaction information.
• Processing all disbursement requests using Dynamics 365, in a timely and accurate manner.
• Examining and verifying supplier invoices, and monitoring outstanding transactions.
• Reviewing and verify transactions submitted for processing as per policies and guidelines.
• Providing guidance and responding to internal and external questions and various ad hoc requests.
• Analyzing and reviewing financial reports, clarifying and explaining financial implications and issues, and explaining observations and findings resulting from these reviews.
|Languages||1 Position: English Essential; 1 Position: Bilingual|
|How To Apply||Does this sound like you?|
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
Job Requisition ID: 4596
Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Travel not required
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
*If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.