Affordable Housing Outreach Representative, Client Relations
|Company||Canada Mortgage And Housing Corporation (CMHC)|
|Sector: Client Solutions |
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): CBC
Salary Range: $63418.82 to $79273.53
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. Your expertise in client relations will raise awareness of the importance of affordable housing in Canada and play a key role in identifying potential partners and clients for our funding programs and guiding them beyond the initial idea stage. You will present the National Housing Strategy to audiences and work one-on-one with individuals and groups, inspiring them to contribute while helping us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
• University degree or diploma in a relevant field and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
• Excellent relationship-building skills.
• Knowledge of the housing industry.
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Strong knowledge of CMHC policy, product and risk appetite or risk parameters.
• Experience in client relationship management, housing development, affordable housing, mortgage industry and/or urban planning.
What you will be doing
• Raising awareness of CMHC objectives, products and services and of the importance of affordable housing, including the need for a broad range of housing choices that respond to local circumstances.
• Influencing and inspiring organizations and industry to get involved in the development of affordable housing.
• Working directly with clients (non-profit organizations, private developers, etc.) to identify potential opportunities to collaborate with CMHC to create new affordable housing solutions that ensure both viability and long-term sustainability.
• Providing affordable housing developers and providers with advice and guidance on the development of affordable housing through presentations, workshops and/or training sessions.
• Working closely with national teams, local partners, associations and stakeholders to jointly develop and execute outreach strategies to generate additional affordable housing solutions.
• Gathering intelligence on different sector needs, housing issues and communicating insights.
• Identifying potential issues, and seeking opportunities for CMHC partnerships.
|Languages||Bilingual (English And French)|
|How To Apply||Does this sound like you?|
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: December 4, 2019 @ 11:59 pm EST (Note, the competition may remain active until filled)
Job Requisition ID: 4179
Primary Location: Montreal, Quebec
Other Location(s): Ottawa
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Frequent
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
*If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.