Senior Bridge Design And Construction Standards Engineer
|Company||Ministry Of Transportation And Infrastructure|
|Location||Coquitlam, Kamloops, Prince George and Victoria|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure : Coquitlam, Kamloops, Prince George and Victoria|
The Structural Engineering Section develops and maintains policies, standards and procedures related to planning, design, construction, inspection, evaluation, rehabilitation, maintenance, seismic-structural, hydraulic, hydrologic and river engineering policies for bridges and related highway structures to ensure safe and efficient delivery of cost-effective design, construction and rehabilitation operations.
The Senior Bridge Design and Construction Standards Engineer develops and manages the Structural Section’s framework of professional and technical policies, standards, procedures and practices pertaining to design and construction of bridges and related highway structures; and provides the Ministry and Partners with expert advice and compliance monitoring direction related to bridge design and construction.
Qualifications for this role include:
• Graduation from a recognized university with an Applied Science or Engineering degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
• Additional training in computerized scientific and engineering information systems and tools; the principles and practices of industrial project management; and the basics of bridge cost accounting and financial control systems.
• Must be registered or immediately* eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in good standing with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of the Province of British Columbia (APEGBC). *Immediately registered means you are a Professional Engineer in good standing in another Canadian jurisdiction that can be immediately transfer to the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of the Province of British Columbia
• Extensive experience in bridge design, construction, inspection and maintenance
• Extensive experience designing and managing bridge design and construction projects
• Considerable experience monitoring government and private sector professional bridge personnel for compliance with approved policies, standards, procedures, codes and engineering best-practices
• Several years’ experience analyzing and developing bridge design and/or construction engineering policies, standards, procedures, and practices
• Several years’ experience evaluating alternative design and construction methods and materials against policy, standards, code and common practices for bridge design, construction and project co-ordination.
|Salary||$80,638.63 - $105,799.68 annually plus 6.5% Recruitment and Retention Adjustment|
|How To Apply||Click " Apply Now " for more information and to apply online by October 20, 2021|